Is there anything inside the Quad Cortex that they didn't steal from someone else?

New title for the bible.

Shocked Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Sure. I'm hitting my gear forum bandwidth limit for the day but sure, I'll continue to talk sh*t here. I'm certain you're going to. LOL.
I'm going to get a beer, and when I get back, you better well damn have something decent to say. You've got another 9 hours of me before I collapse into a pile of puke and jizz.

In that spirit, you're gonna have to explain what you mean by "all pitch shifters are polyphonic" because that flies completely in the face of both the common understanding of what polyphony means, and what the DSP under the hood is actually doing.

You can feed them with polyphonic material. And they'll come up with "something" not monophonic.
Whether the results are great is another thing, they're often not great on pitch shifters marketed as polyphonic.
And fwiw, I was just being kinda pedantic/snarky.

What I love is how it is perfectly fine for the entire internet to go balls deep on Behringer for their ... ahem.... "inspiration" .... but do the same thing - or really, not even the same thing... make some MILD f*****g jokes at their expense! - about a company who is provably failing to deliver advertised features that they used to hook and reel people into the platform as it launched ..... and all of a sudden you're an idiot and a dimwit.

No, no, see, this is a premium product. Completely different scenario.

You can feed them with polyphonic material. And they'll come up with "something" not monophonic.
Whether the results are great is another thing, they're often not great on pitch shifters marketed as polyphonic.
And fwiw, I was just being kinda pedantic/snarky.
Jesus wept.

But these-
…reeeeeealllllllly look a LOT alike. Obviously the grid/lines are there and I agree that that’s the most simplistic way to lay that out. But come on, I‘d have to think someone is being intentionally obtuse if they can’t tell there’s a direct rip off going on with the icons.

I noted this a number of times in the past, but: it's not only just the UI. The signal workflow is, quite literally, identical to Helix - the graphics just follow suit.

And my point is that product classes mature and stop leap frogging each other, and enter a refinement phase. Anyone who expects the next hot smartphone to be *wildly* different than the others is in for disappointement and those developers hardly deserve to be thrown shade for being 'unoriginal' or 'lifting' things.

IMHO modelers are there, too. So taking one in particular to task like its some kind of cardinal sin to take the best of what they've seen to date and combine it into a product they feel has the best of current tech as some kind of problem strikes me as unnecessarily antagonistic from that perspective.
It's not a cardinal sin to make a product that enters a refinement phase. My gripe would be that they didn't copy or refine enough yet, yet it is touted as a refinement phase device. So that's where making fun of it comes in, cus yeah they copied Helix's UI and architecture but where's the effects? And so on.
FWIW, I think you could easily argue that Neural really did a great job on industrial design, UI, and form factor for some segment of the market. But that is heresy here because everyone is still p*ssed about all the prelaunch hype and shady stuff the company has done. So, we cannot even spot them the things they have done well. I would expect someone who had some professionally relevant perspective to be able to recognize more pros and cons.
Almost every regular here has had nice things to say about the QC's design, UI, and form factor, what are you talking about? Who's the one getting pissed about heresy here?

...and for a LOT of people, the only reason they bought a QC - is extremely inspired by the Kemper.
Alright, devil's advocate or whatever on this specific point. If we're going to acknowledge that products frequently borrow features from competing products that precede them, don't we also have to acknowledge that there will always be a first derivative product? Is that product any more wrong-headed than the 500 that will subsequently follow? I don't see anybody railing on the evils of ToneX right now, and it's what, the second derivative? Third? Hell, weren't there already tone-matching features on products that beat QC to market? And those products didn't get attacked; if anything, folks seemed happy to see some alternatives to buying a KPA.

So yeah, there were going to be profiling/capturing products after Kemper. And yeah, there was going to be a first one. Big deal.

Moreover: the QC's algorithm is known to be significantly different from Kemper's - and if anything, the ToneX is more similar to QC than QC is to Kemper. :idk Where's the demonization for IK? The whole lot of them, in broad strokes, aim to make an output relate to an input in some desirable, identifiable way. If that much is out of bounds ethically, for anybody, then nearly every amplification/ effects device we've ever purchased is out of bounds.

pacino-justice-out-of-order.gif

Alright, devil's advocate or whatever on this specific point. If we're going to acknowledge that products frequently borrow features from competing products that precede them, don't we also have to acknowledge that there will always be a first derivative product? Is that product any more wrong-headed than the 500 that will then follow? I don't see anybody railing on the evils of ToneX right now, and it's what, the second derivative? Third? Hell, weren't there already tone-matching features on products that beat QC to market. And those products didn't get attacked; if anything, folks seemed happy to see some alternatives to buying a KPA.
And you'll notice I'm not attacking nor railing on the QC for their capturing tech. I've said for the last 2 years that I thought it was better than Kemper.

Bell End Devo GIF by David Firth

And you'll notice I'm not attacking nor railing on the QC for their capturing tech. I've said for the last 2 years that I thought it was better than Kemper.

Bell End Devo GIF by David Firth
I don't want to put words in your mouth - and the last thing this thread needs is me trying to make it any more toxic - but when a feature gets piled into a list of "things stolen", that seems like a form of attack.

And your gif is just straight up douchey.

And yours wasn't I suppose?
Perhaps you misunderstood. The idea was that we're calling out all of these product vendors (and their designs) as being out of order. (Mostly I was just riffing on my use of the phrase "out of bounds", plus maybe I had Devil's Advocate stuck in my head.)

I wasn't saying that you, personally, were out of order. And even if I did, that's a ways from just straight up calling you a bellend. But whatever.

Back