Is there anything inside the Quad Cortex that they didn't steal from someone else?

Vince Mcmahon Wwe GIF

They also lifted the name of its processor, the ARM Cortex-A5 and stuffed that into the name of the device.

Yes, yes... I know there's a SHARC+ in there too (4x SHARC+ and 2x ARM Cortex-A5).

Having the plugins would be an improvement, however would literally move the needle zero for me at this point. The time for the QC to be ready has come and gone.

I can understand why some people purchased one in the past, however it makes absolutely no sense to spend that much money on a device now if the prime feature is the Capture tech.

IK Muktimedia Tonex Pedal at $399 essentially makes the QC obsolete as a sensible Capture platform to purchase going forward.

Both Line 6 and Fractal Audio have NDSP beat hands down in regards to the multi fx/amp modeling all in one functional hardware aspect.

So the QC pretty much sucks in both scenarios now.

imo….

Last edited:
Having the plugins would be an improvement, however would literally move the needle zero for me at this point. The time for the QC to be ready has come and gone.

I can understand why some people purchased one in the past, however it makes absolutely no sense to spend that much money on a device now if the prime feature is the Capture tech.

IK Muktimedia Tonex Pedal at $399 essentially makes the QC obsolete as a sensible Capture platform to purchase going forward.

Both Line 6 and Fractal Audio have NDSP beat hands down in regards to the multi fx/amp modeling all in one functional hardware aspect.

100% this. They couldn't drag me back at this point.

And you can bet that both of them will hop onto the capture train at one point in time, too (or at least massively improve whatever tone matching technology), now that the cat is out of the bag. From now on, it'll always be like "if IK can do it for 400 bucks, why can't we have it, too?".

Yeah the ToneX was a bit of a black horse. I expected that NeuralDSP had until about 2024-2025 to get the QC in shape against the Fractal/Line6 competition until said competition releases something new.

The premise of the unit is great - take all the good stuff from your competition, pack it in one, more compact box with a decent set of I/O, with modern conveniences like touchscreen, WiFi updates/editing (if there was a computer editor) etc. If I were to design a modeler I think I'd arrive to a pretty similar unit.

That's why I'm gutted that it hasn't delivered. I fully expected that they would be much further along by now with a computer editor, all the small stuff fixed and a lot more models, captures and fx.

It would be great to have more great modelers on the market.

I will also predict the first person across the finish line to successfully port a plug in will not Be NDSP
Even though they planned this well over 2 years ago
My money is on IK that they will successfully port all their plug-in
To a hardware device in the next 6 months or less

Back