Is there anything inside the Quad Cortex that they didn't steal from someone else?

How many people would have bought a QC if it didn’t have Captures?
I did. For me the captures were "I guess that's nice to have". I was more interested in the UI, form factor etc and expected to use the amp models. I had fun capturing my real amps with it and considered the results really good - not exact, but really good. I was sold on the "package your real world rig into a compact box" aspect of it.

Now that I have no real world rigs to capture besides my BluGuitar Amp 1 ME, which is already pretty small, that side of the Tonex has little appeal to me. BluGuitar has hinted at possibly releasing a Blubox V2 and with the right feature set that I might get it because the OG Blubox sounded really good, just needed more onboard control. Whether that happens before Amp X is a whole another question.

I'm also curious about UA's rumored OX Stomp, which is why I've decided to wait until NAMM to see what else gets released. I'm tempted by the Tonex but I think I will leave it for now.

He does say that for live use, he’d still go with the QC, preferring an all-in-one with less cables, etc.
Getting down in the weeds on the "all in one" and circling back to the Tone-x topic; I haven't heard any really great sounding FX examples from the QC. Other than the "is it poly or not?" Pitch shifter.

I can't remember a single example of delay, verb or mod in any video/clip I've heard that would have me "jumping ship"¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did. For me the captures were "I guess that's nice to have". I was more interested in the UI, form factor etc and expected to use the amp models. I had fun capturing my real amps with it and considered the results really good - not exact, but really good. I was sold on the "package your real world rig into a compact box" aspect of it.

Now that I have no real world rigs to capture besides my BluGuitar Amp 1 ME, which is already pretty small, that side of the Tonex has little appeal to me. BluGuitar has hinted at possibly releasing a Blubox V2 and with the right feature set that I might get it because the OG Blubox sounded really good, just needed more onboard control. Whether that happens before Amp X is a whole another question.

I'm also curious about UA's rumored OX Stomp, which is why I've decided to wait until NAMM to see what else gets released. I'm tempted by the Tonex but I think I will leave it for now.
You're interested in UI? :unsure: :sofa :rofl

Helix's Command Center > Instant commands (lightning bolt icon) can absolutely send different PCs per snapshot. Just change the value per snapshot.
Ooh nice, I missed that when reading the manual or fiddling with the Helix Floor.
I see, every Snapshot can have completely different parameters on each of the assigned Instants or Footswitches in the Command Center and they are recalled when changing Snapshots.
Damn, that's super versatile, and I though I knew Helix pretty well.

Getting down in the weeds on the "all in one" and circling back to the Tone-x topic; I haven't heard any really great sounding FX examples from the QC. Other than the "is it poly or not?" Pitch shifter.

I can't remember a single example of delay, verb or mod in any video/clip I've heard that would have me "jumping ship"¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, same here, and that’s also why I went for the FM9 over the QC: effects are more important for me than amp models/profiles, being that my main use is still 4cm with my amp, and Fractal kills in that area, clearly.

Honestly, the effects are pretty wank.

I think Steve summed it up with how does a 399 box compete with a 2000 box , that’s pretty scary
Also regarding the All in one solution with effects I am sure it is coming if the GUI is as good as the QC and it has equal of better fx for say 799 , Neural will be some trouble

LMAO.

Like that isn't a provocative thread. The arsehole mods over there will allow it though.

LMAO.

Like that isn't a provocative thread. The arsehole mods over there will allow it though.

will ferrell idk GIF

Played out with it for the past few weeks now, and yeah the footswitches are close. Front row is fine, but the back row is tough and a concern whenever I have to reach for one, had a couple mishaps. Thinking of dumping it just for that reason…

For me, all of the switches are too close to each other. Got 12.5 size feet (EU: 46) and they're pretty wide, so especially with sneakers it's a nightmare. I just sort of get along with the HX family or my loopswitcher (about the same distance), but I already need to focus on switching quite a bit.
And fwiw, as this is a pretty common QC complaint, it really makes you wonder why they just didn't give it a few centimeters more on each side. Wouldn't make it all *that* large, either.

For me, all of the switches are too close to each other.

is a pretty common QC complaint, it really makes you wonder why they just didn't give it a few centimeters more on each side. Wouldn't make it all *that* large, either.

Agreed. And if they had made it just a few centimetres wider for sensible footswitch spacing, they could've fitted a multi-voltage (multi-region) power supply in there too!

Last edited:
Spend nearly $US 2000 on an all in one modeler and then you have to buy another $US 150 just to get bog-stock-standard-midi-functionality that most $300 multi-efx come with.

The QC just gets better and better .......;)

Ben
Don’t forget to add the Cioks 7 to get rid of the ground loop from a poorly designed POS power supply
Another $150

Back