Is there anything inside the Quad Cortex that they didn't steal from someone else?

That went the other direction.

Yeah, likely - even if Eric at one point said that they had the plugin in their plans a long time before it got released.
But hm, they also had their Amp Farm Plugin of which at least some models later on made it into the POD, right? I'm actually not sure whether my memory is accurate here.

I don't think any of the Amp Farm stuff has made it to Helix

No, not to the Helix - but to some of the POD incarnations (XT maybe?). I seem to remember that at least some of the model packs you could purchase back then were identical, but my memory is like a sieve, so who knows...

I'm not sure, but I do remember the model packs on my XTLive. What a time to be alive that was!!

Anyhow, regardless of how things were and even if things were the other way round compared to NDSP's plans, it's at least safe to say that Line 6 were the first to manage full interchangeability between plugin and the hardware (btw, does it work the same way with the Tonex plugin and hardware?). Also, from all that NDSP has been saying, it'd even just be portions of the plugins they could port to the hardware, whereas you can drag complete presets from HXN to the hardware - which, fwiw, is one of the main reasons why I did at least keep the Stomp after selling the Helix. For some "maneuvers" it's just too good to be true (and astonishingly enough, I'm using that option more with the Stomp than I ever had with the Floor).

A lil suspect…
4XA1I95.jpg

Nexus running Gig Performer:
Screenshot_20230218_163818_Chrome.jpg

There's another little pedal that loads plugins too but I forgot the name (edit: Mod Duo )

Last edited:
Thought of this one last night
Did they not literally copy and paste excerpts for the Helix manual too🤔

Back