Is there anything inside the Quad Cortex that they didn't steal from someone else?

Noted this a while ago, but it's funny how Neural didn't even bother to change Helix's color coding for blocks.

I guess imitation really is is the sincerest form of flattery.

View attachment 4431
View attachment 4432

The Helix colour coding is so effective, if Neural didn't copy it I'd change it to match, if I owned one (and if you can do that?). I follow the Helix colours with my FM9 switches, for example.

In all seriousness, I'd take a bet they've chosen the color scheme deliberately (after checking whether it was covered legally).

The Helix colour coding is so effective, if Neural didn't copy it I'd change it to match, if I owned one (and if you can do that?). I follow the Helix colours with my FM9 switches, for example.

It is effective, but only because Line 6 designed it, and ran with it for years. There's a reason why the DL4 is green, the MM4 is blue, and so on.

It is effective, but only because Line 6 designed it, and ran with it for years. There's a reason why the DL4 is green, the MM4 is blue, and so on.

That's cool, I never noticed that.

I'd say it's effective even without any reference to or experience with their earlier products, at least it was in my case.

I never bought anything L6 before the HXFX (too snobby, haha), was aware of the DL4 but that's it for their pedals, and the colour system still immediately branded itself on my brain for good, no prior L6 experience necessary.

Honestly I wouldn’t even care what they took if they pulled it off. Neural QC is still the most appealing form factor IMO. They should also be some of the most powerful hardware.

Also the plugins are really good sounding so they were starting from a good point imo. Minimal tweaking for a really good tone.

unfortunately they just botched the development and all the marketing couldn’t make up for it.

I could still see trying one out at some point if the used prices came down and they catch up on development.

Honestly I wouldn’t even care what they took if they pulled it off. Neural QC is still the most appealing form factor IMO. They should also be some of the most powerful hardware.

Also the plugins are really good sounding so they were starting from a good point imo. Minimal tweaking for a really good tone.

unfortunately they just botched the development and all the marketing couldn’t make up for it.

I could still see trying one out at some point if the used prices came down and they catch up on development.
I've seen used around 1500. Honestly now may be the best time to jump in as people are seeming to get a little more frustrated. If they come up with bigger features then people may put more value in it

So, i notice a thread with the same title in TGP just... got deleted?

Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

Tough to believe how much NDSP shot themselves in their own feet. Not one QC thread on the first two pages of the modeling/digital compartment @ TGP.

Back