I Am Listening To Every Queensryche Album In Chronological Order

So concert was fucking great last night, focus was obviously on the newer stuff. Todd sounded great, and whole band clicked, it was a great show. Eddie Jackson looks old as shit, but Wilton looks the same way he did 20 years ago, motherfucker does not age! Mike Stone was great too, nailed all the classic solos, and did a decent job with background vocals.

Marty Friedman was an excellent opener, and his drummer had an insane amount of energy, they are so good live, everything is faster and the live mix was perfect!

Glutton for punishment, so I listened to Tribe today. If Queensryche were ever
inspired by Nu Metal that is what they would sound like. There is also a bit of
P.O.D in the mix, too.

Larry David Reaction GIF

Operation Mindcrime II is playing. I need to see this through. Persevering
and committing to the long slog is something I feel compelled to work on,
so let's see how long that lasts. :LOL:

Opening track sounds like Dream Theater. :idk

This is as fucking awful as I remember it. The best part so far is the Overture Intro Eddie Jackson
had an hand in writing.

The tones are piecemeal and shoddy. Michael Wilton was right. This album should have never happened.

It's over. Today felt like listening to Dream Theater's Astonishing all over again. Which I will never do intentionally.

Now to find something to wash the taste out of my ears. :LOL:

It's not even really Queensryche as much as a Geoff Tate solo album. :LOL:

View attachment 5879

Hahaha that’s mostly accurate but by “conflicts between Tate and his bandmates” they mean “Tate refused to use any of the submitted material from actual band members, the album was being recorded in his f*cking basement by a guy living in his house who basically had a free pass to call his band members and say “Hey, you guys wanna play on a Queensryche album?”

I remember Slater posting on that old Ryche forum how the band members just didn’t want to show up and he made it seem like he was struggling to make everything work but then he’d say something like “Geoff can only work on something he’s really into or else it won’t be authentic, Michael just contributes metal riffs”

Ya don’t say! A guitarist in one of the best metal bands in the world contributing metal riffs!

Back