I Am Listening To Every Queensryche Album In Chronological Order

How can bands NOT be impacted
by what becomes popular (along with label pressures) and feel the cultural zeitgeist in some ways?

You're talking about integrity. That's just the same as any other place in life where you're pressured. I think if, as an artist, you're moved and inspired to change out of love and interest, that's one thing. And that definitely would be an evolution.

And a song that could actually work on one of QR's iconic albums. Last song on the album, as if to
say, "We could have, but didn't want to." :idk

This is pretty solid. Other than the deep voice saying "spOOL (wtf is that punctuaition all about anyway)". I have this on CD (tape?) at home but haven't listened to it since it was released I am betting.

Cantrell and DeGarmo are good buds, too, which is how DeGarmo ended up on Rainier Fog on a song.

Hahahha damnit, these f*cking guys can afford all the damn awesome 12-strings they want and they gotta do the same sh*t I do to fake a 12-string-
Cantrell added: "The way we did it — and we did this on a few songs — was that instead of doing one 12-string pass, we did two six-string passes. One take with a guitar with super-thin strings, and then one take with a regular acoustic. Then you get the 12-string effect by running them together. Chrisdid two passes, and he did a great job. And more importantly, he's one of my friends and one of my heroes from my hometown. I fucking love QUEENSRŸCHE. So it was great to have him on the record."

HITNF f*cking sucks donkey ass compared to PL, you’re off your damn rocker, la. :rofl

Also, HITNF/Q2K = just skip to the last song on the album because they’re the only songs that sound like Queensryche. (Though I do really like “When The Rain Comes…” on Q2K but it doesn’t resemble a Ryche song in any way)

I also thought DeGarmo went out with Jerry on his first solo tour? Am I misremembering that?!

Cantrell and DeGarmo are good buds, too, which is how DeGarmo ended up on Rainier Fog on a song.

Hahahha damnit, these f*cking guys can afford all the damn awesome 12-strings they want and they gotta do the same sh*t I do to fake a 12-string-

HITNF f*cking sucks donkey ass compared to PL, you’re off your damn rocker, la. :rofl

Also, HITNF/Q2K = just skip to the last song on the album because they’re the only songs that sound like Queensryche. (Though I do really like “When The Rain Comes…” on Q2K but it doesn’t resemble a Ryche song in any way)

I also thought DeGarmo went out with Jerry on his first solo tour? Am I misremembering that?!

It's going to get worse. :rofl

Q2K is playing now. :rawk

Yup.... Boggy Depot Tour, I believe.

It's going to get worse.
It's a common thing with bands though. Writers' tastes change, they grow as musicians/songwriters, they gain new influences, etc. And the same happens to the fans. It's why some people prefer the "newer stuff", while others will say, "They totally suck beyond X."

I used to love Steve Howe-era Yes, even after Trevor joined the band, but my tastes have changed so much that I now can't even stomach a lot of Yes material that he was in.

“Right Side Of My Mind” is one of my favorite Ryche songs of all time. If they stayed on that path they would have been absolutely fine after Chris left.

That's a great song.

It was like they went from 5 to 8 great songs on an album, to one or fewer. Maybe not even that on a few albums. :idk

That's a great song.

It was like they went from 5 to 8 great songs on an album, to one or fewer. Maybe not even that on a few albums. :idk

You’re on your own for the next few Tateryche albums. I vaguely remember one song off Tribe but not enough to go back and listen. I heard the singles from American Soldier and OM2 and never even bothered listening to the albums…I can’t remember if there was something between OM2 and Dedicated To Chaos but if there was, I didn’t hear it and I only listened to the single of Dedicated To Chaos to confirm it sucked.

F*ckin’ OM:2 is all V-drums, they didn’t even bother tracking with a real kit. I’m not even sure Rockenfeld played it, if I remember right they were mostly programmed during the writing process.

You’re on your own for the next few Tateryche albums. I vaguely remember one song off Tribe but not enough to go back and listen. I heard the singles from American Soldier and OM2 and never even bothered listening to the albums…I can’t remember if there was something between OM2 and Dedicated To Chaos but if there was, I didn’t hear it and I only listened to the single of Dedicated To Chaos to confirm it sucked.

F*ckin’ OM:2 is all V-drums, they didn’t even bother tracking with a real kit. I’m not even sure Rockenfeld played it, if I remember right they were mostly programmed during the writing process.
Haha, I read that as "Tater Ryche". I'm going to scream "BRING BACK TATER!!!" at tonight's show!

I pre-ordered OM2 and pretty sure I never made it through the entire CD.

I am eager to revisit the entire catalog, though. I am not the same person
I was 20 or 30 years ago, so maybe I'll hear it all differently. Or not. :LOL:

I pre-ordered OM2 and pretty sure I never made it through the entire CD.

I am eager to revisit the entire catalog, though. I am not the same person
I was 20 or 30 years ago, so maybe I'll hear it all differently. Or not. :LOL:

Good luck!

There’s all kinds of stuff I love now I didn’t like back in the day, but I also smelled a pile of dogsh*t years ago and don’t need to check again to know it still smells like dogsh*t. :rofl

Back