Hotone Ampero II Stage MP-380

Not twitchy like the mx5 at all ..no crappy encoder?.....sorry, I just need to know if I'm going to sink upward of 500 for a thing.
Hotone definitely uses better switches than Headrush. With MX5 there were initially problems as they used cheaper switches (basically… not the worst by any means). But they fixed everyone that had problems for free (I had such a unit) at least.

Hotone definitely uses better switches than Headrush. With MX5 there were initially problems as they used cheaper switches (basically… not the worst by any means). But they fixed everyone that had problems for free (I had such a unit) at least.
I purchased my own, as I didn't experience real issues until after I was out of warranty. I work around it now ...until I either fix the switches...or get a new unit.

Hotone is an interesting player they are kind of the Cadillac of the smaller unknown brands IMO and they are likely maybe one generation away from creating some major waves

The 2 biggest issues is CPU
The flagship units is only slightly more powerful than a stomp , the HD models take a lot of resources so if they are going to update all the models to those specs they definitely need more juice

#2 they have to fix some latency issues especially with the cab block as it goes from reasonable and competitive with an IR to way out when adding the cab blocks

I have no doubt that they will continue to improve this as there are now single chips more powerful than a full Helix so a little more power and work on cpu allocation and reducing latency and they do stand to become a bigger player

Once again we are talking 500-$600 vs units costing twice that
The feature set is great
The GUI is perfect pretty much already

The flagship units is only slightly more powerful than a stomp

^^ Note sure if you are referring to the Ampero 2 Stomp or the HX Stomp ?

The Ampero 2 Stage Flagship and the Ampero 2 Stomp have the exact same processing power and exact same agorithms .... the *only* differences are fsw / hardware casing / connectivity.

The exact same preset run on the Stage will sound and use the exact same resources as the Stomp 2.

Ben

^^ Note sure if you are referring to the Ampero 2 Stomp or the HX Stomp ?

The Ampero 2 Stage Flagship and the Ampero 2 Stomp have the exact same processing power and exact same agorithms .... the *only* differences are fsw / hardware casing / connectivity.

The exact same preset run on the Stage will sound and use the exact same resources as the Stomp 2.

Ben
Ampero stage compared to HX stomp

I haven't tested the capture feature because I no longer have any real amps. Even without the capture stuff, the Stage absolutely KILLS the MX5 in every way (except no expression pedal of course). I would say the Stage sound somewhere between an HX Stomp and a Fractal. Closer to Stomp with better definition and amp sim quality. And the UI can't be beat.
Nobody tried the capturing feature yet??

Not a single video or review out there. Really curious to know how good (or bad) it is.

Back