Hotone Ampero II Stage MP-380

JCW308

Roadie
Looks like Hotone Ampero II Stage MP-380 is coming out very soon. I like the size and form-factor.

It's perty and definitely a great size, never tried anything by Hotone and can't help but laugh every time I see the name. How did they not get any native English speakers to shoot down the "Ho" part of the name is beyond me! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I'm sure this was going to be posted by someone, lmao:
Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

These off brands are a bit of a headscratcher to me. If legacy brands with decades of experience and history under their belts have uphill battles making this type of gear work and be GOOD; how (other than IP theft/industrial espionage) can we expect this type of stuff to move the needle?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Imo their stuff is improving at at pretty good rate I think even DI and Cliff have acknowledged that the Asian companies are getting up to speed compared to 5 years ago
They are watching the Market and packaging the things people want
I bet bigger touchscreens more responsive bettergraphic , encoder knobs like Neural and Fender are already on the docket

Looks like Hotone Ampero II Stage MP-380 is coming out very soon. I like the size and form-factor.

but sadly...not the price..

Imo their stuff is improving at at pretty good rate I think even DI and Cliff have acknowledged that the Asian companies are getting up to speed compared to 5 years ago
They are watching the Market and packaging the things people want
I bet bigger touchscreens more responsive bettergraphic , encoder knobs like Neural and Fender are already on the docket
No support though. They don't have our backs at all.

It's my understanding that Ampero does have a support group on Facebook.

And they do have a Community / Forum website....

Although the IP theft argument is valid, I think Hotone does a lot of their own stuff, and takes "heavy inspiration" from the other big ones. For example, I feel like their amp models are actually some of the best in the game, and they really have a nice feel to them that I only really feel like has been matched or bested by Fractal and Tonex.

I prefer the Stomp II's models to Helix and Quad Cortex. Stomp II also has more amp models in total than both of these. Also, I also find their editor far superior to Helix as well. Quad Cortex need not apply ;)

Its easy to write a lot of these Chinese companies off, but I genuinely believe Hotone are doing some really great things. Their product support leaves a little to be desired, but its a quality product. I've gigged mine many times and its never let me down.

Although the IP theft argument is valid, I think Hotone does a lot of their own stuff, and takes "heavy inspiration" from the other big ones. For example, I feel like their amp models are actually some of the best in the game, and they really have a nice feel to them that I only really feel like has been matched or bested by Fractal and Tonex.

I prefer the Stomp II's models to Helix and Quad Cortex. Stomp II also has more amp models in total than both of these. Also, I also find their editor far superior to Helix as well. Quad Cortex need not apply ;)

Its easy to write a lot of these Chinese companies off, but I genuinely believe Hotone are doing some really great things. Their product support leaves a little to be desired, but its a quality product. I've gigged mine many times and its never let me down.
IS IT TRUE STOMP2 CAN HAVE 12 EFFECTS CHAINED AND NO running out of dsp

Thomann is delivering this in 2-3 weeks... And still there isn't any use manual in Hotone's web.

Same is going for the Mooer GE1000, which is already for sale through AliExpress. No news about it on Mooer's web.

Curious.

Thomann is delivering this in 2-3 weeks... And still there isn't any use manual in Hotone's web.

Same is going for the Mooer GE1000, which is already for sale through AliExpress. No news about it on Mooer's web.

Curious.
The manual is online now.

The manual is online now.
It's online since 3 or 4 days ago.

It's been on sale through Ali...press at approx 500€. Then suddenly disappeared... Maybe the sales industrie thought they should stop selling at that price from China.

It's online since 3 or 4 days ago.

It's been on sale through Ali...press at approx 500€. Then suddenly disappeared... Maybe the sales industrie thought they should stop selling at that price from China.
It super interesting that they have updated the Soldano and JP2C to 2.0 but none of the other amps .
It makes me wonder since NDSP has 2 SLO the legacy and new one

Regarding the theft: if you guys were aware that they indeed stole stuff to use in their devices, how would that change your opinion on the brand and products? Would it put you off buying one of their products in the future or not?

The few videos on the website don't impress for overdriven tones, but the fx sound pretty good and the feature set is good. These just keep getting better every year.

But god damn, you have this big touchscreen and you thought putting 3 encoder knobs under it was enough?!

What Is Wrong With You Outer Banks GIF by NETFLIX
Shaking Star Trek GIF
Ignoring Tina Fey GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Regarding the theft: if you guys were aware that they indeed stole stuff to use in their devices, how would that change your opinion on the brand and products? Would it put you off buying one of their products in the future or not?
I don’t think so no , I mean NDSP IMO is certainly not against borrowing “stuff”
even Cliff buys the other models to see what going on ,

Back