Hotone Ampero II Stage MP-380

I haven't tested the capture feature because I no longer have any real amps. Even without the capture stuff, the Stage absolutely KILLS the MX5 in every way (except no expression pedal of course). I would say the Stage sound somewhere between an HX Stomp and a Fractal. Closer to Stomp with better definition and amp sim quality. And the UI can't be beat.
I'm essentially only using any digital unit for a few things.

Effects, mostly modulation and delays/reverb/space

Amp blocks as digital preamps for one channel of my dual mono/wey/dry/stereo set up.

Signal routing and creative path usage

That is it. I have expression pedals, and I live on analog before anything for drives and boost and comps ...so I don't use it in any virtual space, or for headphones, or direct recording.

My units essentially allow me to be very flexible and creative, allowing for some real cool sounds.

I very rarely ..like never, use ir files.

This has an fx loop block like on the mx5, correct? So I can use my own amp as a pre ?

So that’s their capture tech
Man these guys are fast
I figured that would not show up until next Gen on 2025
Namm announcement the soonest
Well, I actually think it was lasting too much.

Taking into account that there are several free options out there, it was starting to be weird that Chinese brands didn't include some profiling.

But the thing is going to be generalized. All of them will have their capturing version. Mooer was the first, only that it implied using iOS devices. Now, I'm waiting for the rest to show up (now Hotone, but soon will be Zoom too, for sure).

Let's see how the quality is in Hotone units. Very interested.

I'm essentially only using any digital unit for a few things.

Effects, mostly modulation and delays/reverb/space

Amp blocks as digital preamps for one channel of my dual mono/wey/dry/stereo set up.

Signal routing and creative path usage

That is it. I have expression pedals, and I live on analog before anything for drives and boost and comps ...so I don't use it in any virtual space, or for headphones, or direct recording.

My units essentially allow me to be very flexible and creative, allowing for some real cool sounds.

I very rarely ..like never, use ir files.

This has an fx loop block like on the mx5, correct? So I can use my own amp as a pre ?
You'll love it!

So that’s their capture tech
Man these guys are fast
I figured that would not show up until next Gen on 2025
Namm announcement the soonest
It remains to be seen how good or bad it is. I'm not holding my breath but the ability to use captures on a device at this price (I got mine for $515 brand new) is astounding.

You fookerz are making me wanna try one of the stages. But I don't wanna try it "$625 (ish) much".
Crikey! :hmm

Just got an offer on Reverb:
Screenshot 2024-08-09 113212.jpg

That's tempting! :unsure: Aaaahhhhhh

Yes, the Stage has an effects loop.
But it's a block right ....like with the head rush.....that I can move wherever? Sorry, I do appreciate your knowledge and time.

The documentation isn't very clear ..and I downloaded the manual, but it was incomplete for some reason.

But it's a block right ....like with the head rush.....that I can move wherever? Sorry, I do appreciate your knowledge and time.

The documentation isn't very clear ..and I downloaded the manual, but it was incomplete for some reason.
What I'm not sure if if it has amp channel switch output, in case you'd need it. I think it hasn't.

It has an FX LOOP with separate send and return and mix levels. You can put it anywhere in your chain. It also has an FX SEND(with send level, thru level and Mono/Stereo settings) , and FX RETURN (with Return Level, Mix Level, and Mon/Ster settings) as separate blocks you can put anywhere in your chain. . You can use the FX LOOP and Fx Send, and/or FX Return all separately as well , all anywhere you want them

So this new BETA "Catch" FW feature. Is it a NAM loader-player (?) -or- do you have to create brand-new-ground-up Ampero-only "Catch's"(?)

ie: another AI based hardware-specific technique ?

Ben

Last edited:
It has an FX LOOP with separate send and return and mix levels. You can put it anywhere in your chain. It also has an FX SEND(with send level, thru level and Mono/Stereo settings) , and FX RETURN (with Return Level, Mix Level, and Mon/Ster settings) as separate blocks you can put anywhere in your chain. . You can use the FX LOOP and Fx Send, and/or FX Return all separately as well , all anywhere you want them
This is perfect

So this new BETA "Catch" FW feature. Is it a NAM loader-player (?) -or- do you have to create brand-new-ground-up Ampero-only "Catch's"(?)

ie: another AI based hardware-specific technique ?

Ben
Unknown at this point (to me at least). I'm not loading it until I receive my spare Stage unit. I need my main one to stay gig-ready.

I've heard that the midi implementation is not standard. No dedicated CC parameters or some-such? Is this true?

Otherwise I'd be looking at one very seriously.

I've heard that the midi implementation is not standard. No dedicated CC parameters or some-such? Is this true?

Otherwise I'd be looking at one very seriously.
I think the MIDI issues were fixed with this latest firmware release. I'm not positive, though.

I think the MIDI issues were fixed with this latest firmware release. I'm not positive, though.
I downloaded the PDF. And the midi implementation was very thorough....seemed far more advanced than I needed, it was 6 pages of all the commands and associated parameters.

Especially coming from Head rush....hahaha.

I am very impressed with the literature, I just hope it is all it seems to be ....I have a quad core device and it doesn't want for power, but this is actually a step down in that ...but I'm hoping for better reliability and overall ease of use.

All the effects look killer on paper. More models than one could need ....far too many cabs....but I don't use those....so ..meh.

I am very excited about these units.

How are the switches?

I downloaded the PDF. And the midi implementation was very thorough....seemed far more advanced than I needed, it was 6 pages of all the commands and associated parameters.

Especially coming from Head rush....hahaha.

I am very impressed with the literature, I just hope it is all it seems to be ....I have a quad core device and it doesn't want for power, but this is actually a step down in that ...but I'm hoping for better reliability and overall ease of use.

All the effects look killer on paper. More models than one could need ....far too many cabs....but I don't use those....so ..meh.

I am very excited about these units.

How are the switches?
The foot switches are nice. They feel solid and they're quiet.

Back