Hey everyone! Ed Sheeran made a Headrush looper pedal! …hello?

ragingplatypi

Roadie
1709992187810.gif

:rofl Me too! It was literally the first time I've gotten a message about guitar gear from my 16 year old.

People can make fun of Ed all they want, but he's a damn good looper, so these are probably awesome. They had better be, for the price.

I love that! :beer

Yeah, the guy sells out stadiums multiple nights with basically nothing but his acoustic guitar and a looper pedal + his own songs and voice. Nothing but respect from me.

Not a Sheeran fan but this Looper X is the tits. I've been using Boomerang III for live loop gigs for several years. The workflow, build-quality, intuitiveness - just a fantastic machine. You can tell it was developed in conjunction with someone who has actual looping experience. In addition to Ed's endorsement, another awesome looper Carl Wockner is assisting with FW development, so they definitely intend for this to be a major player.

Boss has been making loopers for decades and continues to deploy the buggiest devices that need hours of customization just to make them game ready. Headrush came out of the gate and punched them in the mouth. Currently I'm slaving my Boomerang to the Looper X and getting 7 bulletproof sync'd tracks, just glorious. Excited to see how this thing develops.

So does one need the looper, plus and the X or do they function differently?

I used to be able to look at one guy on stage tap-dancing and plucking his way
through various parts of a song for 30 seconds. Currently, that is down to about
13 seconds. :popcorn

The world does not need more solo singer-songwriter types being encouraged
to not have a band. Period. :facepalm

Go back to your Cafes and Coffeeshops you sappy fucks!! :hmm

:rofl

If someone would show me how to use a DAW to work with a midi controller the way a looper pedal works I'd use it instead but using a mouse or trackpad inside a DAW trying get tracks selected, vst's assigned, change to line inputs sometimes, get them armed to record, playback the loop/track as soon as the recording stops, and/or change to a new track with all those same steps set up....etc. etc...

basically, spontaneous creation is completely fucked by the DAW process for me and a looper pedal is the closest I've come to unfucking it

I used to be able to look at one guy on stage tap-dancing and plucking his way
through various parts of a song for 30 seconds. Currently, that is down to about
13 seconds. :popcorn

The world does not need more solo singer-songwriter types being encouraged
to not have a band. Period. :facepalm

Go back to your Cafes and Coffeeshops you sappy fucks!! :hmm

:rofl
As a writing tool, loopers have always been extremely useful for me. It lets me quickly write parts that I eventually send around to the band and tell them to either learn or expand upon.

In the past I wrote one of our best songs exclusively by using loop slots in Ableton Live.

Back