Hey everyone! Boss released a big Katana Air today!…hello?

ragingplatypi

Roadie
Tumbleweeds Plains GIF

Andertons uploaded a good review. It's basically the same as the old Air, but with much larger wooden enclosure, and bigger speakers - so it does sound noticeably better.

At ~$600 though, i'd much rather have a Yamaha THRII instead.

Last edited:
Andertons uploaded a good review. It's basically the same as the old Air, but with much larger wooden enclosure, and bigger speakers - so it does sound noticeably better.

At ~$600 though, i'd much rather have a Yamaha THRII instead.

I saw that video, and even they seemed bored with it until the end when they compared it to the smaller one.

Well he doesn’t own part of Boss, that’s for sure!

I don’t see where they get off charging the same amount as a Katana Artist.

I am dying , honestly that's like the worst smells bad face I have seen ever in a vid

I don’t see where they get off charging the same amount as a Katana Artist.

The Artist isn't wireless though? A decent wireless system can cost quite a bit, although it's not clear how good the wireless system is on this amp? I suppose that is part of their justification. But who knows what they're thinking ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Artist isn't wireless though? A decent wireless system can cost quite a bit, although it's not clear how good the wireless system is on this amp?

It ships with a WL-T wireless transmitter, which is reportedly quite good - very similar to Line 6's Relay G10 line.

The main issue for me would be that the Air EX doesn't have a rechargable battery in it. Sure, you can purchase an external one from Boss... which can be said of any other desktop amp in the market.

At the end of the video they actually make the argument for why the amp exists and at that price point. Tl;dr, or rather tl:dw, is that in the near future probably every amp maker is going to take a crack at making a desktop version of their amp and creep into a larger box and higher price bracket because you can’t create low frequencies from nothing.

Sure, nobody here is going to buy that, but I personally know plenty of people who will.

Back