Hey everyone! Ed Sheeran made a Headrush looper pedal! …hello?

I also think that same performance would be much better if it was an 8 piece band of equally talented players and singers. it would have flow and soul that is constrained by the tech, even when controlled by a master like Ed the tech has a strangle hold on what I hear, on the potential, in that song and arrangement.

While I agree and pretty much said similar things in the past, we should possibly not forget that these very technical constraints are his USP.

While I agree and pretty much said similar things in the past, we should possibly not forget that these very technical constraints are his USP.
Yea, understood. I dont know that he would even enjoy hearing a chorus of other singers singing the line about the 'voices in my head' but I would lol
Maybe one day he will do a record of 'Ed with friends'.

I can't respect him more. Not my cup of tea regarding musical tastes, but even so, I always enjoy watching clips of his performances. He's really skilled. He has absolut control of his vocals and plays guitar in a very intuitive and musical way. He's a pure talented guy, and also seems to be a nice person.

Happy to see him success... Both in his musical career and his gear business.

Regarding the looper X... Well, I wish I had the skills to use it somewhere near to what he does... Then I'd have a hard time trying to not to spend more than 1k in that device.

Wow, for the guy that posted the drivel below, you've now turned into a real fuckhead. I'm in a 5 piece band and do live looping on the side because I enjoy being a musician and make decent fun money doing it. But thanks for the encouragement, hope you find your joy, dipshit.

You seem like such a swell guy to hang out with. We should get together sometime. :idk

That guy on a big stage "playing with himself" is not compelling to me in any way, shape, manner, or
form. Nope.

It doesn't mean anything other than what it says. Doesn't mean I am disrespecting someone's effort
or the grind it took to get where they are at (thank you, Taylor Swift!). It doesn't mean I hate Ed Sheeran
or Loopers. It means exactly what it was intended to mean. No appeal to me. No draw. :idk

It's cool that people like to exaggerate and conflate and make assumptions about what else that might
mean. We are humans, after all.

But just to be clear. No "hate" for Ed. No desire to watch any live performance of him either. Nor do I
enjoy his catalog. Nor am I building a militia to go around and confiscate everyone's looper pedals. :hmm

JFC! Can we have opinions and preferences without all this other nonsense with name-calling (something
I didn't do in this thread) and assertions that people are inferior because of what they like or use, or
don't like and don't use??

No. We can't. Ok. Was just asking. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, loopers are cool as fuck. Ed has a lot of fans. Still have zero interest in one guy commanding my
attention and harmonizing with himself as he tippy taps on his guitar like it is a drumset.

And I will not bullied or harangued into changing my opinion either. :beer

How is that disrespectful? Clearly, I want everyone to have places to play music.

Cafes. Coffeeshops. People love that! I'll even add in Weddings, Street Corners,
Subway Stations, Funerals and Wakes.

The possibilities are endless. Grassy knolls in parks. Campfires. Serenading your significant
other outside on a warm summer night. Proposals. Talent shows. Tom Buckovac's Kitchen. :idk

None of what I have said is mutually exclusive.

I could explain how that is, in fact, the case, but I have seen how you are when
you engage others in this way and I am not into that kind of tennis match. :beer

200.gif

That guy on a big stage "playing with himself" is not compelling to me in any way, shape, manner, or
form. Nope.

It doesn't mean anything other than what it says. Doesn't mean I am disrespecting someone's effort
or the grind it took to get where they are at (thank you, Taylor Swift!). It doesn't mean I hate Ed Sheeran
or Loopers. It means exactly what it was intended to mean. No appeal to me. No draw. :idk

It's cool that people like to exaggerate and conflate and make assumptions about what else that might
mean. We are humans, after all.

But just to be clear. No "hate" for Ed. No desire to watch any live performance of him either. Nor do I
enjoy his catalog. Nor am I building a militia to go around and confiscate everyone's looper pedals. :hmm

JFC! Can we have opinions and preferences without all this other nonsense with name-calling (something
I didn't do in this thread) and assertions that people are inferior because of what they like or use, or
don't like and don't use??

No. We can't. Ok. Was just asking. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, loopers are cool as fuck. Ed has a lot of fans. Still have zero interest in one guy commanding my
attention and harmonizing with himself as he tippy taps on his guitar like it is a drumset.

And I will not bullied or harangued into changing my opinion either. :beer
It’s all good, everyone is entitled to their opinion! :)

FWIW, my endorsement of Sheeran wasn’t directed at you. I’ve just seen a lot of people write him off for various reasons (like being popular with younger generations) without really giving the dude a fair shake. Wanted to put in a good word in case others fall into that category, and might actually enjoy his work if they heard some of it with an open mind.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m heading to a raucous wake for some indie cajon and soy lattes. :rofl :beer

In The Year Of 2024:

Someone doesn't particularly like or enjoy something = "Hater!!" :hmm

Someone expresses an opinion or preference = "Why are you so oppressive!" :satan:satan

I get we live in hyper-sensitive times, but if we have come to a place where we
are going to judge people's opinions with the same gravitas we do oppressive
and repressive policies and dictates---that are actually oppressive and repressive---
then this world has no hope of any kind of decent recovery. :facepalm

Smart and subtle minds should be able to parse the massive differences between
opinions from some rando on the Internet, and legit "hate."

A guy can dream, right?? :idk

Signed,
Lover Of Loopers & Acoustic Instruments :love

It's probably the whole "ginger" thing.

:unsure:
As a slightly-ginger myself, that’s probably part of it.

Joke’s on the rest of the world, though. The teasing just makes us more powerful, for when our demon souls eventually unite and apocalyze the entire Earth by force-feeding everyone carrots with a rubber plunger until they, too, turn orange. 🥕🥕🥕

Fire Plotting GIF by Studio Redfrog

And with the dearth of live music gigs and opportunities ever increasing why is no one
busting Ed's balls for not hiring musicians, giving them a decent wage, so they can
have some job security, support themselves, and maybe even raise a family.

:hmm

:LOL:

And with the dearth of live music gigs and opportunities ever increasing why is no one
busting Ed's balls for not hiring musicians, giving them a decent wage, so they can
have some job security, support themselves, and maybe even raise a family.

:hmm

:LOL:
He actually does have a touring band now that he uses for limited parts of his show, but that’s a fairly recent addition. He also started his own smaller record label to help others get their start without having to deal with the bloodsucking vultures of Sony, Columbia, et al. He gives away free guitars and amps to little kids whenever he does pop-up shows on UK streets, and his guitar and even this new looper line offer 20% discounts to students or anyone between 16 to 26 years old if ordered from his website.

He’s a good dude, genuinely, who hasn’t forgotten his roots. I’ll turn you into a fan, yet! ;) :LOL:

I'm just coming off as crusty because guys like Ed took most all my band's gigs the past
decade or so.And an whole bunch of other band's gigs.
:brick

They cost less to book. They are quiet and people can talk over them. And they cost
less to book. And they'll play for the Dinner crowd from 6 to 9. And they cost less to
book, and people can talk over them while they play.

Did I mention that they cost less to book than an whole band, and people can talk
over them???? :idk

Hence, my back to the Cafes and Coffeeshops you band-stealing heartthrobs. :LOL:

Define old....
I’ll take a crack at it!

Old is when a person starts disliking things that came after their generation, for no other reason. Nostalgia is a primary symptom of “old.”

It’s a mental state more than a chronological condition. ;)

(Edit: I should clarify, I’m not directing this at anyone in this thread. It’s the way I view “old” and refuse to ever let myself fall into that trap! I want to keep living my life feeling and partaking in new things just as I did when I was younger.)

Last edited:
I'm just coming off as crusty because guys like Ed took most all my band's gigs the past
decade or so.And an whole bunch of other band's gigs.
:brick

They cost less to book. They are quiet and people can talk over them. And they cost
less to book. And they'll play for the Dinner crowd from 6 to 9. And they cost less to
book, and people can talk over them while they play.

Did I mention that they cost less to book than an whole band, and people can talk
over them???? :idk

Hence, my back to the Cafes and Coffeeshops you band-stealing heartthrobs. :LOL:
Ah ok, gotcha. Unfortunately I think this is a state of the industry more than an artist-engineered plight. Even Ed spent years living on people’s couches and busking around London for meals, and that was about 15 years ago.

I really enjoy smaller shows and make an effort to see them, personally. And where I live, I’ve actually seen an increase in live music from mostly-unknown people recently (ironically, many in local coffee shops ;) ). But I get that it’s still a very tough way to make money, and the way people consume music nowadays makes it hard to be seen and even harder to get a paying gig.

I’ll take a crack at it!

Old is when a person starts disliking things that came after their generation, for no other reason. Nostalgia is a primary symptom of “old.”

It’s a mental state more than a chronological condition. ;)
That's an acceptable definition. Sounds fair. But it's nice to know your definition says I'm NOT old.
I've been retired 3 1/2 years and still play....

To keep things in perspective...in Feb 1964, I was 10 yrs old and watched the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show...black & white TV... :clint
I had already been playing guitar for 2 years.

Back