Hey everyone! Boss released a big Katana Air today!…hello?

Seems weird too, to have a "desktop" amp with controls on top? Does everybody stand at their desks these days?

The whole idea of a desktop amp seems weird, TBH. Who is the intended audience here?
Here I Am Mirror GIF by Jeopardy!

I have heard much better tones out of a mooer for $100

The NUX Mighty Space is basically everything the Katana Air EX is - at half the price. With a rechargeable battery, integrated drum machine and included footswitch.

Honestly, my main grip with NUX desktop amps is that they look kinda yucky, which *IS* a consideration when these will spend most of their time in the living room at home. Those THRs, though.... :chef

It's a shame the Bad Cat Paw didn't really pan out.
I was so disappointed that this never really happened - I had one on preorder for ages, but eventually cancelled as it seemed it was never going to be generally available.

Outside the US, I believe Thomann did eventually get, and ship, a couple but anecdotally there were issues with the power supply that meant they had to go back from repair.

Quietly dropped by Bad Cat sometime soon thereafter!

My buddy Nacho got one of the first/smaller ones and was raving about it, to the point I almost bought one before I even played his and I’m glad I didn’t. I’d rather use iRig into a bluetooth speaker with whatever app I had with iRig, that Boss sounded like midrangey ass.

Yay, bigger speakers for midrangey ass.

I was so disappointed that this never really happened - I had one on preorder for ages, but eventually cancelled as it seemed it was never going to be generally available.

Outside the US, I believe Thomann did eventually get, and ship, a couple but anecdotally there were issues with the power supply that meant they had to go back from repair.

Quietly dropped by Bad Cat sometime soon thereafter!
Crap that must be where NDSP got theirs , was the problem grounding

Here’s another one from the Vault Of Nacho, I’ve posted it elsewhere before so some may have seen it. Nacho is a bit gullible so I told him the new pickups in my guitar could do air harmonics. The Freqout pedal was hidden in my III’s rack, I was just turning it on/off with a footswitch on my pedalboard-

Here’s another one from the Vault Of Nacho, I’ve posted it elsewhere before so some may have seen it. Nacho is a bit gullible so I told him the new pickups in my guitar could do air harmonics. The Freqout pedal was hidden in my III’s rack, I was just turning it on/off with a footswitch on my pedalboard-

That's friggin hilarious.:rofl

"Vault of Nacho", future band name?

Back