Which COMPACT expression pedal with toe switch for the HX Stomp?

luckymethod

Roadie
hello folks, I'm making a compact pedalboard to bring with me when I practice with my office band and I'm having a hard time finding a compact expression pedal compatible with the HX stomp that has an integrated toe switch. It's my understanding that for example the Ampero Press 2 will work with my Axe FX 3 but not with the Stomp (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Do you have a pedal you are absolutely certain will work and it's not a huge hunk of metal like the mission engineering SP1-l6h that I already own and work great but can't fit on the pedalboard?

Just grab an EV-1 or EV-2 and make your own:

Just grab an EV-1 or EV-2 and make your own:

I don't want to diy it, I've got too much going on to take on another project. I just want to use my credit card to solve a problem 🙂

Hope you never end up with creative differences. Think of the talks around the watercooler!
Fortunately we have hundreds of musicians so I can switch people around if I don't enjoy a band and have in the past. We're so large you really don't have to interact much if you don't work exactly in the same group, but it's a thought I had at some point. Any suggestions about the pedal?

Have a look:
Hotone Ampero II Press

Have a look:
Hotone Ampero II Press
Do you have it? Does it work with the Hx stomp for both expression and switching?

Which is why there's options to switch polarities inside the HX series.
I bought the Press 2 and I can confirm it DOES NOT work completely with the HX. You can use the toe switch OR the expression pedal but I haven't found a straightforward way to configure the Stomp so it works with both at once. Looks like I would have to do some rewiring inside the pedal for that to work and I'm not up for it. Disappointing.

I bought the Press 2 and I can confirm it DOES NOT work completely with the HX. You can use the toe switch OR the expression pedal but I haven't found a straightforward way to configure the Stomp so it works with both at once. Looks like I would have to do some rewiring inside the pedal for that to work and I'm not up for it. Disappointing.

So, either the switching out or the EXP out isn't active all the time? Because that'd be the only reason I could imagine.

I thought Helix didn't have switch inputs, only expression pedal

You can set the FS inputs any way you like. It works with pretty much any footswitch (latch or momentary, plus you can reverse the polarity in the settings) and EXP pedals. So you could have, say, FS4 (referring to the Stomp here, the numbers vary on the Floor/LT/Rack) act as a switch and FS5 as an EXP input. Pretty much any combination imagineable is available, so I can't see why the Hotone wouldn't work. Yes, it takes a while sometimes because the menus are small and not on one preference page (in fact, they're in 3 sections), so that might be a little confusing (it was for me), but it's all there.
The very thing lacking is a global curve parameter for the expression pedal, the only thing allowing for adjustments would be the volume block (and it's just linear and logarithmic you can select), so you're pretty much at the mercy of the EXP pedal maker. I really wish Line 6 would add that. I could not use an external EXP I had around as a wah because the curve was just so bad.

Back