Helix 3.8 when?

If you have a spare block space and a spare footswitch, what's keeping you away?
Almost all of my presets don't have room for a volume block, and also I usually have all the snapshots used in every preset (yep, I switch sounds a lot during every song).

So having the option of instantly opening the tuner would be really handy. It would be just an option in global settings, with default behavior being the current one.

Could also buy an external footswitch for that, but it would be really cool not having to, and being able to use the tap tempo switch (which I've very seldom used for tap tempo) as a tuner footswitch.

Almost all of my presets don't have room for a volume block, and also I usually have all the snapshots used in every preset (yep, I switch sounds a lot during every song).

So having the option of instantly opening the tuner would be really handy. It would be just an option in global settings, with default behavior being the current one.
Could you do it via Midi? I am not edumacated enough on Midi to know but maybe?

Sure, but in case you want to adjust your patch level there, you'd have to fool around with the assignment, too.
With a bypass-able output block you would need to set Level to -120dB if you wanted to use it for muting which means that parameter wouldn't be available for preset level control.

With a bypass-able output block you would need to set Level to -120dB if you wanted to use it for muting which means that parameter wouldn't be available for preset level control.

I know. Which is precisely why I wouldn't touch the output block at all anyway.

It is. I need an instant mute. Currently, I'm using a volume block assigned to the expression pedal, but I would much rather have a footswitch press solution.
Just assign that volume block to a switch with the level all the way down.

When toggled on it will mute everything.

Just assign that volume block to a switch with the level all the way down.

When toggled on it will mute everything.
That would work, except when I've already assigned all footswitches to snapshots in a preset xD

That's why I think being able to set the tap tempo footswitch as "instant tuner" would be great. I never use tap tempo, and I could really use being able to access the tuner and/or mute instantly with that footswitch.

If you've already used all your switches how about turning down at the guitar instead? You can definitely do that quicker than the long press for the tuner.

If you've already used all your switches how about turning down at the guitar instead? You can definitely do that quicker than the long press for the tuner.
If you're using delay or reverb, muting the guitar doesn't mute the output.

And that's very usual I'm my case.

EDIT: to clarify, in my band's setlist there are a few moments when we go from either atmospheric sounds (with heavy delay and/or reverb) or distortion with delay to full mute to create a "vacuum" effect. I can currently manage with the expression pedal in most cases, but having a button would be way more convenient.

Found this feature request in Line6's Ideascale (which I don't know if it's being checked anymore, as there are some requests that were developed long ago and are not marked as "done" like previously), but it's not very popular apparently: https://line6.ideascale.com/c/idea/103459

Last edited:
Use a dedicated tuner. That's what I do tbh. Works better as a mute switch, and I'm not big on the Helix tuner anyway myself.

Use a dedicated tuner. That's what I do tbh. Works better as a mute switch, and I'm not big on the Helix tuner anyway myself.
I do have a tuner, and for it to work properly, it has to be between the guitar and the Helix input. Won't mute delays and reverbs trails.

Been everywhere already! 🤣

I feel like team Helix could design and debug a kill switch in less time and than it will take for this debate to end.

In the meantime…

Back