Helix 3.8 when?

season 1 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

Well, now im ready to hear all the bellyaching from people wanting a VHT/Fryette model!

Wait… that’s me again.

Now, as this thread already exists: I want "the no new sound shaping options update" more than anything else. And yes, I'm absolutely serious.
I would love an update to concentrate on all things usability - and there's quite some things I could imagine.
I'm absolutely aware that (quite unfortunately) this will very likely not happen within the lifespan of the current hardware, simply because I'm sure there's gonna be a significantly different hardware to be released one day more or less soon-ish, as in not yet another HX family sibling. And as a result, usability optimization done for the current line of hardware may not transfer well (or maybe it's just that the new class of units is optimized a lot already) whereas all the FX code will likely just be usable 1:1.
Still, I can dream. So I still want global blocks, IR management, better parameter order, quick patch volume adjustment, more stomp pages, freely assignable knobs, no patch destroying knobs (looking at you, lower right HX Stomp encoder!), mobile editors, etc.

:horse

After trying the 2203, we need 5150 III FTW. All of them (6L6, EL34, Stealth). Blue channel on the FM3 is just :guiness

Helix is effectively complete for me with the 2203. The one thing I’d love to see is the presence pull on the Mark IV - but I wouldn’t fault L6 in any way if the gravy train ended with 3.7 - Helix represents an incredible value and I’d feel weird asking for more at this point.

Last edited:
Helix is effectively complete for me with the 2203. The one thing I’d love to see is the presence pull on the Mark IV to complete things for me - but I wouldn’t fault L6 in any way if the gravy train ended with 3.7 - Helix represents an incredible value and I’d feel like weird asking for more at this point.
For me the Vitriol and the 2203 made the Helix almost complete, I agree, a decent Mark model and I'm done.
"Mark IV Pres Pull" or just pair the Lead preamp with the Rhythm 1 power amp, zero work, all the benefit.
The FAT switch of the tonestack is very important too, Line 6 has that switch on many other amps, why they skipped it on the MK IV... nobody knows.

Helix is effectively complete for me with the 2203. The one thing I’d love to see is the presence pull on the Mark IV to complete things for me - but I wouldn’t fault L6 in any way if the gravy train ended with 3.7 - Helix represents an incredible value and I’d feel like weird asking for more at this point.

I think the only thing left for me to ask Helix for is a Sansamp Original/GT2/PSA-1 emulation, but only because those are about the only tones this box isn't able to deliver right now.

I'll take as many updates as L6 are willing to give us, but Helix has matured to the point where it can do basically anything. It's remarkable.

Back