Helix 3.8 when?

What does the flux control do that isn't available in Helix already? I've seen some videos and I think I'm not understanding it.

If it is being able to tweak parameters with a footswitch, isn't that anyway possible in Helix?
Screenshot_20240323_164438_Edge.png

8 measures of an fx parameter modulation...Golden!
:banana:headbang:banana
Have a good one,

3EO

Bright switches and excursion
This would likely increase DSP requirements in the amp blocks... which would break existing presets.
That isn't what Line 6 is known for - loving Reinholds work on the other hand is. So... fingers crossed for some XTC magic to happen, I guess?!

This would likely increase DSP requirements in the amp blocks... which would break existing presets.
That isn't what Line 6 is known for - loving Reinholds work on the other hand is. So... fingers crossed for some XTC magic to happen, I guess?!
Hard to say I mean the Freidman has the c45 , HBE and saturation switch

Technically the Excursion is just a preset depth and NFB
So they could just have off
Is tight. D1 medium D2 Loose

Regarding "instant tuner" feature (= being able to configure the tap tempo footswitch to instantly open the tuner, instead of holding it), @Digital Igloo : is this something we can still hope for? Or is it something technically impossible?

Regarding "instant tuner" feature (= being able to configure the tap tempo footswitch to instantly open the tuner, instead of holding it), @Digital Igloo : is this something we can still hope for? Or is it something technically impossible?
There's no technical reason why we couldn't make TAP/Tuner a Tuner only switch. Generally, I try to avoid situations where a unit could get into a state where the user doesn't know what's going on. For example, someone walks into Guitar Center, switches Helix's FS12 to Tuner only, and then I field (or worse, CS fields) a bunch of complaints that Helix doesn't have a Tap switch—or its Tap switch is broken.

In this case, I don't think a Tuner only switch would be a big deal, but these kinds of things have given us pause in the past.

I would appreciate this as well. I don’t really use tap tempo. And this is probably dumb but I find the flashing tap tempo light annoying and distracting.

I’ve been just using the two button trick to access the tuner instead so I can leave footswitch 3 open for other things. But nobody cares if I have to bend over to access the tuner in my living room.

Thank you sir! I should have known. I’ll still save FS3 for other things though, I like setting delay time manually anyway, I mostly use slapback.

There's no technical reason why we couldn't make TAP/Tuner a Tuner only switch. Generally, I try to avoid situations where a unit could get into a state where the user doesn't know what's going on. For example, someone walks into Guitar Center, switches Helix's FS12 to Tuner only, and then I field (or worse, CS fields) a bunch of complaints that Helix doesn't have a Tap switch—or its Tap switch is broken.

In this case, I don't think a Tuner only switch would be a big deal, but these kinds of things have given us pause in the past.
I see. Thanks! I'll keep hoping for this then 😆🤞

I'd like it if when using Midi sync that the current tempo is displayed. Either on the scribble strip or on the main screen.

Well, we had it rough. There was us, a whole big band, stuffed into a shoebox with a cassette recorder. But it was a studio to us!
Oh, we dreamt of having a shoebox to play in! My parents couldn't afford more than a matchbox for my band and my brothers'!

Oh, we dreamt of having a shoebox to play in! My parents couldn't afford more than a matchbox for my band and my brothers'!
You were lucky! We had to live in a hole, all 16 of us! Our dad would whip us up every morning, yelling at us to be more like the Jackson brothers. Then he'd send us to play five 3 hour sets every day, and when we came home he'd kick us to sleep!

Back