Helix 3.8 when?

Unless we're getting proper models of these:

Legacy Jumbo -> pretty tweakable, maybe add a gate for "fake velcro"

and Wringer (FZ-2) are your best bet.

And I mean it, they do get really close. 🙂

The jumbo is pretty decent but I'd love a proper up to date model of a mk1. A Zonk machine would be pretty sweet too.

it’s not gonna get better with one more amp/drive pedal/modulated delayverb.

Jonathan Frakes Oops GIF by FILMRISE

But then I would need either a computer or a midi pedal, wouldn't I?🤔
Just stick a midi cable between the midi in and midi out on the helix and assign the command (cc68 I think?) for activating the tuner to the actual tuner button itself. It should work although I don't have my Helix in front of me to test out

I’d take LFO controllers or the Flux control over more models of anything. If you can’t make music with what’s in there, it’s not gonna get better with one more amp/drive pedal/modulated delayverb. That’s why we buy all this stuff, right? To make music?
What does the flux control do that isn't available in Helix already? I've seen some videos and I think I'm not understanding it.

If it is being able to tweak parameters with a footswitch, isn't that anyway possible in Helix?

What does the flux control do that isn't available in Helix already? I've seen some videos and I think I'm not understanding it.

If it is being able to tweak parameters with a footswitch, isn't that anyway possible in Helix?
Flux differs from what we current have in Helix in that your flux-controlled parameters don't change instantly, but can be set to ramp up/down smoothly in a user-defined amount of time, and with different "curves".

Flux differs from what we current have in Helix in that your flux-controlled parameters don't change instantly, but can be set to ramp up/down smoothly in a user-defined amount of time, and with different "curves".
Aaah, I see. Thanks! Then it does seem like a nice addition to the Helix.

:horse

After trying the 2203, we need 5150 III FTW. All of them (6L6, EL34, Stealth). Blue channel on the FM3 is just :guiness
I will say for the millionth time
An 90s Bogner XTC 101b
Blue / red channels w boost
Bright switches and excursion
That’s one thing that would likely have me head over to the Helix camp , not that it isn’t great already but that’s my dream model especially if they get Reinhold involved

Back