Helix 3.8 when?

Obviously a troll. If you’re going to troll, at least put a little effort into it. That guy totally phoned it in.

Calling all HX Stomp brethren for some upvotes on this topic:

(Please upvote in the following link: )

I.e. call to provide MIDI CC for Bank up/down.

Use Case: I am on my HX Stomp and my FS4 and FS5 can't be assigned to Bank up/dn because they are busy with other tasks. I have a capable midi switcher that has free switches, so having CCs for Bank up and down would be awesome!

No idea, but there's definitely a good bunch there which are not yet in Helix. I can spot a Carvin Legacy VL100, a 65Amps Tupelo, a Divided by 13 CCC 9/15 combo (not sure how different from the existing JRT 9/15 model), and a mystery combo under a dust cover which is killing me.

View attachment 16473
The amp under the cover is a Victoria Electro King (Voltage Queen model)

Yes that's correct.

I think that'd be asking for logistic problems on behalf of Line 6. I mean, the larger devices are all using groups of 4 patches, MIDI usually is using banks of 127 patches, whatever.
I don't think it'd be impossible, though, but the number of free CCs has been shrunken already with one of the latest updates (when they decided to hardwire the front knobs to MIDI CCs - which, fwiw, is rather stupid and meaningless IMO, I'd rather have as many free CCs as possible). Having said that, it might be a good idea to keep these user assignable, just as anything else controlled by CCs. Same goes for the knob's fixed assignments, why not allow me to decide? I'd bet that pretty much nobody is using these assignments.

The stuff coming in 3.80 isn't in any of those photos. They're likely at Ben, Sam, and Ryan's spots, as most of us only come into the office once or twice a week.
So no Magnatone??

Sad Vince Mcmahon GIF by namslam

@Digital Igloo , maybe I just dreamed this up, but I thought you mentioned a feature coming in 3.7 that (paraphrasing) you were really stoked about that everyone was likely to think was not a big deal and then later realize how it was cool and it would open up new possibilities or something. Did that thing not make it in to 3.7, or am I just too dense to spot it?

D

@Digital Igloo , maybe I just dreamed this up, but I thought you mentioned a feature coming in 3.7 that (paraphrasing) you were really stoked about that everyone was likely to think was not a big deal and then later realize how it was cool and it would open up new possibilities or something. Did that thing not make it in to 3.7, or am I just too dense to spot it?

D
I connected that comment to the Flux feature of the HX One, but I could very well be wrong, and there could be something else exciting in the pipeline.

I connected that comment to the Flux feature of the HX One, but I could very well be wrong, and there could be something else exciting in the pipeline.
Same thought popped into my head when I read it.

The other thing are the "countless hours of nebulous fun" (paraphrasing) DI mentioned at one point. Also, someone legit at TOP saying something like "I know what's planned, and I'd love to say it but I can't" (paraphrasing again).

Same thought popped into my head when I read it.

The other thing are the "countless hours of nebulous fun" (paraphrasing) DI mentioned at one point. Also, someone legit at TOP saying something like "I know what's planned, and I'd love to say it but I can't" (paraphrasing again).
Phil, who is apparently not under the same NDA as everyone else lol. Didn’t Bob get chastised for simply mentioning he was a beta tester?

D
It was about flux before HX One came out but it was more “this is fun, everyone’s gonna want it for the rest of the HX stuff but it won’t be 3.7….if ever…”
Which is fucking dookie because the only thing I really want left from Helix is a momentary lasers button with LFO parameter controllers.

It was about flux before HX One came out but it was more “this is fun, everyone’s gonna want it for the rest of the HX stuff but it won’t be 3.7….if ever…”
Which is fucking dookie because the only thing I really want left from Helix is a momentary lasers button with LFO parameter controllers.

The comment I’m referring to far predated HX one release.

D

Back