Helix 3.8 when?

Can you say pickle dil pics 18 times in a row at 999bpm ???

Pickle dil pics...pickle dil pics...dil pickle pics...dickle pill pics...dick pics. God damnit!

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I don’t believe any modeler on the market has a proper BD-2 model.
It would be cool to have in Helix world, but depending on how you use one there are BD flavors with the tube driver, secret od, and maybe even the stupor od.

The Helix Nebula (also known as NGC 7293 or Caldwell 63) is an example of a planetary nebula located in the constellation Aquarius. Discovered by Karl Ludwig Harding, most likely before 1824, this object is one of the closest of all the bright planetary nebulae to Earth.[3] The distance, measured by the Gaia mission, is 655±13 light-years.[4] It is similar in appearance to the Cat's Eye Nebula and the Ring Nebula, whose size, age, and physical characteristics are similar to the Dumbbell Nebula, varying only in its relative proximity and the appearance from the equatorial viewing angle.[5] The Helix Nebula has sometimes been referred to as the "Eye of God" in pop culture,[6] as well as the "Eye of Sauron".

Last edited:
Oh man, if they could bring "flux"/free-parameter-assignable oscillators into the HX/HXStomp, it would be awesome! I think this is something that's been asked for a thousand times by folks..

Plus, they seemed to have perfected it, with even more features, for the HX One. Come on Line 6, please give us this feature and unlock people's Creative soundscapes unlimited

Try this and let me know if it isn’t what you’re looking for. I like to experiment with new delay sounds, so I was trying to see if I can get the thing you have described before.

Use crisscross - crossfeed at 0, bit depth at 24 bits, sample rate at 48khz. I get around 20 repeats that way and I think it sits in the mix the way you describe wanting it to. I have my headroom maxed, didn’t check if that matters or not.

To my ears that’s the kind of thing I think you’re describing and it has a vibe to it which some digital delays set like this don’t have. I don’t think there’s any other delay model in helix that does it quite like this one, not sure what’s different about it. It has a beautiful modulation too if you like modulated delays (.2 rate, triangle, 90* phase is my favorite).

D

@Orvillain did you ever try this?

I’ve since discovered that the thing I really have been loving about this model is the stereo trickery they do when you use the stereo version with each delay line panned hard R/L. I tried it in mono recently, and didn’t find it to be anything special that way. I also found that if it gets summed to mono it’s pretty rough, so in my most recent rig patch I’ve moved away from it.

It’s still really cool in stereo and worth checking out that way. And I do think it approaches what you’re looking for in the stereo mode. In mono, I don’t think it will cut it. I don’t remember if you play stereo or mono, so I thought it was worth updating this.

I do see what you’re saying now about the lack of a really good pristine hi-fi digital delay with good “feel(?)”, seems like an odd thing to not have in there, but it ain’t really there with this one possible exception in stereo.

Anyway, curious if you tried the settings and what your thoughts are…

D

I’ve since discovered that the thing I really have been loving about this model is the stereo trickery they do when you use the stereo version with each delay line panned hard R/L. I tried it in mono recently, and didn’t find it to be anything special that way. I also found that if it gets summed to mono it’s pretty rough, so in my most recent rig patch I’ve moved away from it.

It’s still really cool in stereo and worth checking out that way. And I do think it approaches what you’re looking for in the stereo mode. In mono, I don’t think it will cut it. I don’t remember if you play stereo or mono, so I thought it was worth updating this.

I do see what you’re saying now about the lack of a really good pristine hi-fi digital delay with good “feel(?)”, seems like an odd thing to not have in there, but it ain’t really there with this one possible exception in stereo.

D
I had forgotten about it tbh. I literally just got setup to a/b my singles board with the Helix - I'll try it now!

D
Okay.. you know what... that may work. It definitely sounds fuller and the trails go on for longer and cut through in a punchier way than the Simple Delay. I've just a/b'd them with a 75% feedback, and the crisscross delay definitely hangs around a lot longer. Hmmmmmmm, very interesting! Thanks for the tip!

Okay.. you know what... that may work. It definitely sounds fuller and the trails go on for longer and cut through in a punchier way than the Simple Delay. I've just a/b'd them with a 75% feedback, and the crisscross delay definitely hangs around a lot longer. Hmmmmmmm, very interesting! Thanks for the tip!

Cool, glad it might help you out. Were you using it in stereo or mono? It’s an interesting model. I really like it on gigs with in-ears for the stereo image, just makes everything sound better and more fun to play.

D

Cool, glad it might help you out. Were you using it in stereo or mono? It’s an interesting model. I really like it on gigs with in-ears for the stereo image, just makes everything sound better and more fun to play.

D
Yeah just mono. It definitely behaves differently.

Yeah just mono. It definitely behaves differently.
Interesting, I didn’t really like it in mono. Cool that it gives you another option. Probably not as big a deal if you’re using and comparing it to other mono delays though.

D

Reposting from the other Helix thread. Any speculations for any of the missing ones to show up in 3.8??

Ben Adrian posted a few photos on facebook. Of note (to me anyway) are the Carvin, Buddha and Mesa Electradyna (I think?). Also cool to see the Mesa cab is a straight slant
View attachment 16424View attachment 16425View attachment 16426View attachment 16427

also a Matchless Chieftain (that’s been there for 12+ years) and the Bogner cab. I’m a total slut for that Park half stack, cool as fuck.

Reposting from the other Helix thread. Any speculations for any of the missing ones to show up in 3.8??

No idea, but there's definitely a good bunch there which are not yet in Helix. I can spot a Carvin Legacy VL100, a 65Amps Tupelo, a Divided by 13 CCC 9/15 combo (not sure how different from the existing JRT 9/15 model), and a mystery combo under a dust cover which is killing me.

Mystery Box - TV Tropes

Back