Give me some cool guitar recommendations

dk_ace

Roadie
Below is what I currently have. I want another guitar for live work, mainly playing rock and pop stuff. Two main things it has to be:

- Look amazing on stage (colors/finishes that really pop like white, metallics, flake, big block inlays, chrome, etc…)
- Be something that covers a little different ground than my current guitars

Not looking for budget models, would prefer not to go too crazy either though (under 5K, the further under that the better lol). Would prefer something that comes the way I want it with the possible exception of the electronics, not looking for a big mod job I just want to play.

It probably has to have a vibrato, I love vibratos and the McCarty can do virtually everything I need that doesn’t require a vibrato.

Current lineup (in order they get the most play live):
PRS McCarty - if it had a trem I might hardly play another guitar but it doesnt
Strat - 50s style pickups
Gretsch Jet with tv jones classics and bigsby

These rarely get played live but I have them:
LP copy
Tele
vintage Japanese baritone

Have a build in progress that’s a tele shape with a filtertron neck, tele bridge, and a bigsby.

D

Easy answer for me, the EBMM Sabre HT in Snowy Night (white sparkly goodness) I acquired a couple months ago is still blowing me away. Best pickups I've ever played. YMMV but it's definitely one to try!

Jazzmaster of some sort?

The Gibson '61 Reissue SGs with the Maestro vibrato are really nice guitars.

Something with P90s and a Bigsby?

A Gibson Special or Jr. ? Barebones and bitchin'!

instrument-3.png

Done deal......
biggrin.gif

Easy answer for me, the EBMM Sabre HT in Snowy Night (white sparkly goodness) I acquired a couple months ago is still blowing me away. Best pickups I've ever played. YMMV but it's definitely one to try!
A 2nd vote for EBMM. I adore my Majesties. Hands down the finest I've ever played. I haven't played a ton though, but enough to know.

For reasons I can’t explain, the body shape just doesn’t do it for me on the EBMMs.

Jazzmaster of some sort?

The Gibson '61 Reissue SGs with the Maestro vibrato are really nice guitars.

Something with P90s and a Bigsby?

A Gibson Special or Jr. ? Barebones and bitchin'!

A jazzmaster or vibrato sg have been top of mind for me, but I cut that out of my OP so that I didn’t steer rather conversation too much. I’m not sure the SG is different enough from my others, need to go spend some time with a JM.
Why not get a dgt to replace the McCarty?

Grab another PRS that has a trem!

I know this is the most sensible answer… but that guitar is basically sentimental now. I’ve had it for like 17-18 years, it was my first major gear purchase, and I’ve used it constantly for years. That said, I want a gold top trem prs so bad…. Maybe I get one and then put some hum sized p90s in the McCarty?

Thank you to all the enablers so far!

D

Back