Sub 1000€ T style recommendations?

Groupie
Anybody bought a cheapish tele recently?
Any recommendations?

I like the features on Larry Carlton T7 but don’t have a chance to play one, has anybody here tried it?
The new prices of Mexican Teles seem to be much higher than I remember…not sure it’s worth it anymore.
Also not much on the used market locally.

Anybody bought a cheapish tele recently?
Any recommendations?

I like the features on Larry Carlton T7 but don’t have a chance to play one, has anybody here tried it?
The new prices of Mexican Teles seem to be much higher than I remember…not sure it’s worth it anymore.
Also not much on the used market locally.
The Sire is garbage.
First choice is a Fender Highway One second hand and then a Mexican player.

The Sire is garbage.
First choice is a Fender Highway One second hand and then a Mexican player.
Really, damn, wouldn’t have guessed from yt videos (especially John Nathan Cordy). Have you tried on, what about it is bad?

Sadly I don’t have any Highway One’s available for me. Mexican players I can find in EU.
Few years ago I tried a mexican tele and it was not as good as my Squier CV, that’s why I’m kind of wary about these.

The Sire is junk wood thickly finished with the cheapest electrics and very budget hardwood. Everything about it is what it looks like. The materials are equivalent to a Squire.
Hold out for a highway one if you can as it is way better than anything else in the price. The player tele is a better bet than the Squire because it fits all USA compatible parts and you can easily upgrade it later. Even pick guards on the Squire are not standard.

Oh and buying any guitar in this price point will require you to examine the QC and make your own assessment.

Squier 40th Anniversary Telecaster. Can't say enough good things
about such an affordable guitar. I believe @eggpl@nt also has one.
How does it compare to that Aerodyne Tele you posted about a few weeks ago? IME, all the Squires I have owned or played have too narrow of a nut. My fingers are all over other strings especially in first position.

Keep an eye out for a used MIA tele, or else just get a MIM

I personally most likely wouldn't deviate from Fender unless for maaybe a G&L

I have a Chapman Ml3 Pro Traditional. I absolutely love that guitar and it is flawless.

How does it compare to that Aerodyne Tele you posted about a few weeks ago? IME, all the Squires I have owned or played have too narrow of a nut. My fingers are all over other strings especially in first position.

I ended up not getting an Aerodyne Tele. Just an HSS Strat. I tend to despise narrow nutted guitars, too.
Fat fingers unite. :banana

I've cycled through dozens of Teles and Telecaster-"style" guitars over the years. From MIJ to MIA to a
couple of boutique offerings. I dig this dumb Squier more than any of those I had previous. Including
a Richie Kotzen Telecaster. Go figure. Maybe it was just a timing thing. I don't know. No complaints
about the 40th Anny Squier.... or shame in digging it so much. :beer

I ended up not getting an Aerodyne Tele. Just an HSS Strat. I tend to despise narrow nutted guitars, too.
Fat fingers unite. :banana

I've cycled through dozens of Teles and Telecaster-"style" guitars over the years. From MIJ to MIA to a
couple of boutique offerings. I dig this dumb Squier more than any of those I had previous. Including
a Richie Kotzen Telecaster. Go figure. Maybe it was just a timing thing. I don't know. No complaints
about the 40th Anny Squier.... or shame in digging it so much. :beer
Thanks for the response! I play Epiphones, so no shame in my game here. Looks like that Tele nut width is 1.65" vs 1.692" on my Epi LP, so that may work. I'll probably swing by GC after I get over Covid and try one out.

I still not sure if I want another single coil guitar or get a another Epi LP that comes with coil splits or coil split it myself later down the road.

Thanks for the response! I play Epiphones, so no shame in my game here. Looks like that Tele nut width is 1.65" vs 1.692" on my Epi LP, so that may work. I'll probably swing by GC after I get over Covid and try one out.

I still not sure if I want another single coil guitar or get a another Epi LP that comes with coil splits or coil split it myself later down the road.

Damn! Sorry to hear that, Barry. :( Hope you are feeling better soon.

It's definitely one to try and check out if you can. I purchased mine sight unseen and couldn't be happier. :beer

Damn! Sorry to hear that, Barry. :( Hope you are feeling better soon.

It's definitely one to try and check out if you can. I purchased mine sight unseen and couldn't be happier. :beer
Thanks, Brother! I'm over the rough stuff. Other than the coughing and congestion, Saturday was the worst with fever & chills for about 24 hrs.

I'll get over to GC and check it out maybe this weekend, I'm sure I'll be ready to get out of the house.

I might get some flack (infamous Internet persona etc) but I got a used / B-stock Chapman ML3 Bea Standard from Thomann about 2 years ago for ~500EUR and I still have it.
Great instrument and that roasted maple neck on it is to die for; fretwork is amazing too - very enjoyable instrument to play. I did swap out the pickups on it.

Back