How gross is the Seymour Duncan Dimebucker?

Years back a buddy asked me to recommend a high output pickup for him, this was probably in ‘01 and I recommended the Dimebucker, thinking “There can’t be a crazier pickup than that out there” just because Dime used it.

He put it in an LTD Viper and I was pretty shocked at what I heard, especially comparing it to my JEM w/ Evolutions. Thin, scratchy and not nearly as much output as I thought it’d have. I haven’t recommended that pickup since.

I am honestly so stuck on the D-Activator I can't even venture outside of it. I am very utilitarian with my tools. I know I buy wayyyyyy too much stuff but the stuff my ears like is a pretty specific, narrow list.

D-Activator X? :grin
Seriously! I have rolled that thought around a time or two. Despite assuming there is like a 2% tonal difference between the two. Just so I could say I have a diverse array of choices on hand! :ROFLMAO:

selena s GIF

Seriously! I have rolled that thought around a time or two. Despite assuming there is like a 2% tonal difference between the two. Just so I could say I have a diverse array of choices on hand! :ROFLMAO:
'Xactly! They are supposedly much "improved" but I haven't tried them. They may have taken out just the "thing" you liked the most!

Found this comparison. For the dirty tones; I prefer the originals over the X.

I have a set of them I pulled from my second Ibby V which currently has a 500t and 498r in it. I think I might be putting those back in place of the Gibby pickups :unsure:

Back