GAS for nothing currently. Except maybe a new guitar?

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
I've got enough amps and modelers to choke a horse at this point. I kinda want a guitar? Not sure what. I scratched the tele itch quite nicely with the gold Warmoth. Not sure what I want? Something for tuning down maybe? I have an Ibby V I could setup for that but I feel like something different would be fun :unsure:

No gas?
season 3 GIF by A&E

Last edited:
Just some mild GAS I’ll have until I have a Mesa Mark amp and a Tele. Then an after that I’m sure I’ll be onto hollowbodies or something else I didn’t expect.
I'll tell you what; old Goldie is killing it even for the chugs. Just needed a little tweak here and there at most on my presets.

I feel like I am in a good place these days. I am not really looking for anything and feel like I have more than I need. I have a solution for every gear scenario I can think of right now. I am really eager to get into some sort of playing situation right now to use my gear. It may end up being just doing some recording since finding the right group hasn't worked so far.

The bad thing is that I can feel that I am getting bored again. That led to a bunch of pedal purchases last year and a new guitar in the fall. I didn't really need any of it but I like the stuff I bought. I could see some purchases just because I am bored if I don't get into something soon.

I have thought about forcing myself to haul a few guitars to my local shop and either put them in there on consignment or just sell them to the shop. I had talked to them about it a year or so ago and they told me to bring them in. They know that I have higher end stuff. I bought a few of them from that shop.

I am constantly looking at stuff but my list is empty. I wait for things to come to me these days. I am zero interested in 99% of new gear. I always already have better stuff at home than I see available.
Same for me.

I couldn't be less interested in vibrato-equipped guitars these days, if I tried, so, my GAS-list is already shorter because of that, and what you said as well. There's also my "need" for SS frets.

Having said that, a Wolfgang Special (decked vibrato) in either purple and/or ice blue are seemingly omnipresent on my list.

EBMMs always seem to draw me in due to their finish selection but I could never get along with my JP15s and they had some QC issues.

But I've been itching for Fender Vintage II line with the white 61' strat. I just get nervous about the issues I've read online with the line

I feel like I am in a good place these days. I am not really looking for anything and feel like I have more than I need. I have a solution for every gear scenario I can think of right now. I am really eager to get into some sort of playing situation right now to use my gear. It may end up being just doing some recording since finding the right group hasn't worked so far.

The bad thing is that I can feel that I am getting bored again. That led to a bunch of pedal purchases last year and a new guitar in the fall. I didn't really need any of it but I like the stuff I bought. I could see some purchases just because I am bored if I don't get into something soon.

I have thought about forcing myself to haul a few guitars to my local shop and either put them in there on consignment or just sell them to the shop. I had talked to them about it a year or so ago and they told me to bring them in. They know that I have higher end stuff. I bought a few of them from that shop.
I knew I shouldn't have posted this. I just found a pedal I was curious about on Reverb for a good price. It was only there for 4 hours. I ordered it...

Back