Gibson Les Paul tribute

I played it and I really liked it.
is around 40-50% cheaper than buying in the UK.
Looks like you answered your own question.
do-it-486632642.gif

Thoughts?

I can buy a left handed one here in Tokyo for the equivalent of £658. Which is around 40-50% cheaper than buying in the UK.

I played it and I really liked it. They are weight relieved and this one weighed 3.45kg.
I’m a fan of their Tribute line. Really good, no frills guitars. Mine had a 60s satin neck and played great. Gibson pickups to boot.

Last edited:
While I wish the current ones had a larger neck, they are great lightweight LPs. I would take a Tribute 1000x over that new $1500 Lite Modern thing they just came out with.

PXL_20240322_075004972.jpg

It was really nice guys. The problem I have is, I already brought my orville to Japan with me to do some writing with. I wasn't sure I'd find a guitar I would want to buy. So now I have to wrestle with the idea of being two back with me.

I was lucky the first time round with getting the orville onto the plane as carry on, and not in the hold. Not sure I would get away with it with two guitars.

View attachment 20601
It was really nice guys. The problem I have is, I already brought my orville to Japan with me to do some writing with. I wasn't sure I'd find a guitar I would want to buy. So now I have to wrestle with the idea of being two back with me.

I was lucky the first time round with getting the orville onto the plane as carry on, and not in the hold. Not sure I would get away with it with two guitars.
Is that a satin finish? It looks very... umm, textured.

They are good guitars. Specs have changed over the years. Mine has no weight relief and a one piece back still under 9 pounds. I had to roll the fretboard edges and smooth the fret edges but otherwise a solid guitar.

Back