Gibson Les Paul fans??

I’m a Les Paul and Super Strat (i.e. Ibanez Wizard Neck) guy. Have tried SGs, Strats, Teles and 335s but always come back to LP and Shred Sticks.

This is my 15yo Les Paul Standard and the one never leaving my side. I’ve severely downgraded in the past (life happens) but this LP always stays with me (at times being my only guitar for extended periods). Feels like home.

View attachment 39

View attachment 40
Gorgeous.

Big fan here!
Currently I have 3 historic: 2 R8 and an R7.
I the past I had a standard, a traditional and a studio.

So here they are, my beloved Les Pauls: 2014 R8, 2017 R8, 2020 R7

DSC02494.jpg
IMG_20190330_121718.jpg
PXL_20210422_144946414.jpg
PXL_20210508_170834463.jpg

Last edited:
Long gone unfortunately, but here's an old pic if you'd like a fap. Awesome finish tho there needs to be more transparent white guitars out there

1911603_10203846262376084_89833198_n.jpg

and wildwood's fancier photo of the guitar before I got it
1412650_10203454744508382_1849029155_o.jpg

Nice! I had one once upon a time. I use to do some housecall guitar lessons and one of the students took a shine to it when
I would show up at his house for a lesson. Fast forward a few years and his Dad called me when he graduated. He wanted to buy
the guitar from me so he could give it to him as a graduation present.

Had to sell it to him. Pretty sure he still has it. (y)

I have a '95 wine red standard that I got in.. 95 :D

It was retired long ago and I play it maybe once a year (it needs refretted :cautious:) but I will NEVER sell it

My go to lp's are my jtv59's, I love em

View attachment 127
Important question. If they had an external Variax kit; would you hobble your LP with it?

Important question. If they had an external Variax kit; would you hobble your LP with it?
Hell to the no.
Years ago I swapped to neck pu to a Duncan brbfphbrb and added a push/pull coil tap but that's the only mod my girl is getting (besides stainless frets one day)

I did recently add triple shot rings to one the jtv's, now my chameleon guitar is more chameleony :banana

Resized_20220819_154448.jpeg

Hell to the no.
Years ago I swapped to neck pu to a Duncan brbfphbrb and added a push/pull coil tap but that's the only mod my girl is getting (besides stainless frets one day)

I did recently add triple shot rings to one the jtv's, no my chameleon guitar is more chameleony :banana

View attachment 128
That looks great!

I have a '95 wine red standard that I got in.. 95 :D

It was retired long ago and I play it maybe once a year (it needs refretted :cautious:) but I will NEVER sell it

My go to lp's are my jtv59's, I love em

View attachment 127

Ewww.... a friend I have played with in different bands for almost 20 years dopes the Variax thing, too. No idea why we
seem to get along. ;)

I love the look of an LP but I'm a picky bitch in the feels department. I'd rather play an unfinished Jr. either with P90s or HBs.

My son wanted to buy his first electric, an LP-style guitar and I wanted to surprise him with one in his budget so I had to search for a guitar I know I wouldn't like so it was an odd experience. After looking at used Epiphones I landed on an SX Callisto from Rondo that was pretty good for the couple hundred dollars it went for and he ended up loving it.

Here's him at his senior photo shoot with it :eek:
Screenshot_20220905_192206.jpg

Last edited:
Back