Gibson Les Paul fans??

Fireproof

Shredder
I have managed to acquire a few beauties over the years. I love playing my Tele or Strat or SG on occasion, but I always keep coming back to the Les Pauls…

This is my 2014 Gibson Les Paul R0 Benchmark - Murphy Aged (heavy) in Kentucky Bourbon Fade

These are my 3 Gibson Les Paul Customs:
- 2019 Gibson LPC - Blue Widow
- 2022 Gibson LPC - Alpine White (bought at the flagship Gibson Garage in Nashville)
- 2022 Gibson LPC - Ebony VOS

All are hanging in my study (home office) where I spend a lot of time, and just having them (and a few amps around) brings me joy! 🤩

Nice collection!! I’ve been eyeing an LP Studio for a couple months. Probably going to cave soon. lol

Thank you!

I had a white Studio for the longest time. Loved that thing - they are awesome guitars!

A studio was the first nice guitar I bought myself some years ago. Have a soft spot for them as a result. When I started rebuilding a Covid rig I planned to get one but an SG spoke to me at the shop. Rounding back to settle unfinished business now with an Ebony version.

I got tempted for the blacked out version GC was going but I hate buying from GC site unseen.

Which is the favorite of your stable?

Ahh very cool - and I know what you mean about GC without putting your hands on it.

Right now my favorite? Probably the Alpine White. It just seems to have something extra in the tone - just ballzy sizzle in the best humbucker way. Plus - I was visiting my daughter in Nashville (she goes to Belmont) and she and my wife wanted to take me to the new Gibson Garage. When I played it, it just felt perfect and like “the one.” Despite my wife not realizing they cost that much - she convinced me to get it! (Yeah, she’s a keeper). So it has some special meaning for that reason as well.

I'm mainly a strat-type player so I had no interest in paying Gibson money, so I went for a used Edwards. A refret and a set of Wizz PAF's later it turned into a great guitar :giggle:

0xWNALb.jpg

I’m a Les Paul and Super Strat (i.e. Ibanez Wizard Neck) guy. Have tried SGs, Strats, Teles and 335s but always come back to LP and Shred Sticks.

This is my 15yo Les Paul Standard and the one never leaving my side. I’ve severely downgraded in the past (life happens) but this LP always stays with me (at times being my only guitar for extended periods). Feels like home.

54323348-47C8-4988-BC37-DD17415A6837.jpeg

716A83B3-D708-4090-BF87-BF13936489C1.jpeg

Last edited:
I have managed to acquire a few beauties over the years. I love playing my Tele or Strat or SG on occasion, but I always keep coming back to the Les Pauls…

This is my 2014 Gibson Les Paul R0 Benchmark - Murphy Aged (heavy) in Kentucky Bourbon Fade

These are my 3 Gibson Les Paul Customs:
- 2019 Gibson LPC - Blue Widow
- 2022 Gibson LPC - Alpine White (bought at the flagship Gibson Garage in Nashville)
- 2022 Gibson LPC - Ebony VOS

All are hanging in my study (home office) where I spend a lot of time, and just having them (and a few amps around) brings me joy! 🤩

Nice collection! I’ve always loved Customs.

One day I hope to be able to get a black Custom with p90s

I LOVE Les Paul Customs but I’m not the biggest fan of Standards or Studios, it’s mostly aesthetics and the ebony board (though I did play an early 90’s Standard, I think, with a thin as hell neck and ebony board).

I’m a sucker for silverbursts and was primed to snag a ‘79 Silverburst Custom last fall, but it was right around the time frame the Adam Jones LP was coming out and the ‘79 Silverbursts went from $4500 up to $7500-$10K overnight and killed that really quick.

I won’t pay more than $1500 for any guitar at this point, unless it were a specific vintage one, thankfully there’s Edwards and FGN, which I’d have no problem buying either. There’s an FGN Custom down here right now for a grand and it’s dead mint I was tempted to grab, but I’ve got one more Strat to build before I’m going to think about LP’s.

Ahh very cool - and I know what you mean about GC without putting your hands on it.

Right now my favorite? Probably the Alpine White. It just seems to have something extra in the tone - just ballzy sizzle in the best humbucker way. Plus - I was visiting my daughter in Nashville (she goes to Belmont) and she and my wife wanted to take me to the new Gibson Garage. When I played it, it just felt perfect and like “the one.” Despite my wife not realizing they cost that much - she convinced me to get it! (Yeah, she’s a keeper). So it has some special meaning for that reason as well.

Nice. What pickups are loaded in it?

My 2018 Standard is my favorite guitar ever. the burstbucker pros are garbage tho I need to change those

C6-B0-E698-EEF8-493-F-A8-C4-FE8-F2-B5-FBB79.jpg
That is killer! We've had this discussion elsewhere; but your transparent white quilt/wtfever it was is probably one the best LP finishes I have ever seen :guiness

That is killer! We've had this discussion elsewhere; but your transparent white quilt/wtfever it was is probably one the best LP finishes I have ever seen :guiness

Long gone unfortunately, but here's an old pic if you'd like a fap. Awesome finish tho there needs to be more transparent white guitars out there

1911603_10203846262376084_89833198_n.jpg

and wildwood's fancier photo of the guitar before I got it
1412650_10203454744508382_1849029155_o.jpg

Back