Gibson Les Paul fans??

Those SXs

Anyone tried these? I remember those SX guitars from, oh, probably 15 years ago. Local shop had them, they were absolute bottom of the barrel.
Is this some new company coincidentally under the same name, or did they up their game?

Yesterday when I was checking out amps I played a ‘50s Standard and discovered I think I like the fatter 50s neck better than the one on my ‘60s Standard. Also liked the BB1/2 pickups WAY better than the alnico V BB61R/T pickups in my ‘60s Standard

I really don’t need another LP right now…

Anyone tried these? I remember those SX guitars from, oh, probably 15 years ago. Local shop had them, they were absolute bottom of the barrel.
Is this some new company coincidentally under the same name, or did they up their game?

Definitely NOT Fender Custom Shop. ;)

$150-$200 is bottom of the barrel these days. Squiers are upwards of $400 to $500 now. So something like the SX or
a Harley Benton can be viable options for someone starting out.

Going goldtop hunting soon
8E3599B0-C36E-4BDC-BA82-C3810DAE7B8B.jpeg

Mmmm. I like that color and the wood grain. Good looking guitar indeed! And you've got the pinky wear hole starting in the same spot as I have on mine, Haha (Mine's bigger though)
That means I need to play more. She’s at the tech right now getting her first setup in 10 years. I should already have her back, but excuses from tech…😢

That means I need to play more.
(y)
I actually surprised I don't have one started on my Majesty yet. I've played it for at least 2 hours on average for every day for about 3 years! It is starting to wear the finish just a bit around the bridge PU cut-out though.

(y)
I actually surprised I don't have one started on my Majesty yet. I've played it for at least 2 hours on average for every day for about 3 years! It is starting to wear the finish just a bit around the bridge PU cut-out though.
I was actually wondering how that mark got there, and was pissed about it for a short time. I feel much better about it now. Thanks for putting my mind at ease 😅

I was actually wondering how that mark got there, and was pissed about it for a short time. I feel much better about it now. Thanks for putting my mind at ease 😅
That's funny you say that, because that's the same way it went for me. I was like, "How TF did that get there?" Actually I think it was our drummer who pointed it out to me, because he was really surprised that the way I rested my fingers would cause that.

I can't stand it when I accidentally put a ding on one of my guitars, but playing wear? I'm fine with that. Even fingernail and pick scratches. Just NO buckle rash!

My 81 Silverburst was still brand new when I let a friend use it as his backup, and sure enough, he broke a string, and I got it back with a bunch of buckle rash. Yeah, I was pissed about that! And I was even at the gig, but didn't notice he was wearing a belt.

Ah, the almighty Gibson Les Paul…nothing gets my heart racing like that other than Ariana Grande!!! I’ve had a couple back in the day that I regret letting go. Since I’m not playing in bands any longer, I just admire them from afar. Even though I could, I can’t justify dropping that kind of coin on them now. I do however, have a few Les Paul style guitars currently. I have an ESP/LTD Eclipse, a Wolf WLP, and recently completed a complete overhaul of a Grote LP Custom with stainless frets from Amazon just to see if one could get a budget friendly guitar with good bones and make it giggable, which I was able to do. All have Hipshot locking tuners, the LTD and the Wolf WLP also have string butlers as well. The Grote LP also has a set of GFS Crunchy Pats and a quick plug wiring harness and a Gotoh Tuneomatic bridge. I’m not a brand snob as I like all guitars that are or can be made playable and they work for perfect me…

24995D39-B059-420D-9266-8F42380130CF.jpeg
44C7F766-C013-45FA-98A0-C7C45D5C9A0F.jpeg
A9E8AD11-B788-46D7-9BBC-EC31287D6EFF.jpeg

I have 3 guitars
Godin Summit p90 les Paul style guitar
LTD EC1000 Deluxe with EMG active pickups
Charvel DK22 Start type

Love all 3 and each serve a purpose
but for sheer beauty the les Paul type guitars are like a work of art

Back