Fractal Talk

There may well be other reasons but let's all agree* that UI isn't amongst them! ;)

I'd also say that the FAS forums can be quite "culty" and not at all warm and welcoming if you've anything to say that isn't 100% complimentary!

* Genuinely don't expect us to all agree!
Well Nothing is perfect now is it ?
and of course not we cant all agree, its human nature after all, I merely point out my point of view, which i totally understand its not how everyone see's it

Well Nothing is perfect now is it ?
I'm genuinely happy to state that, in my opinion, there isn't a product on the market that can genuinely compete with the AxeFX3 as the most complete and fully featured guitar processor on the planet.

I merely make the point that it isn't perfect and other products do certain things better, again, in my opinion!

Isn't the left half of a speaker going to sound the same as the opposite half?

sounds way different, especially in a 4x12, depending on what speaker is mic'd, one side has open air next to it, another side has floor next to it, another side has speaker next to it. also one side has the wall of the cab next to it, as you get toward the edge that's a bass trap inside making nodes in the corner big enough to reach the mic

Footswitch question: if you set a foot switch to a function like the amp boost, will it work across all channels of the amp block? Wondering if I can dial in 4 different amp models on different channels with different boost settings and activate the boost with a single foot switch. I would switch amp channels with the scenes.

D

Footswitch question: if you set a foot switch to a function like the amp boost, will it work across all channels of the amp block? Wondering if I can dial in 4 different amp models on different channels with different boost settings and activate the boost with a single foot switch. I would switch amp channels with the scenes.

D
Yes.

Modifiers can be applied to ALL channels (default) or any single channel.

Had a blast playing my Mark VII for a couple hours today, then decided to eat some dinner while updating my AxeFX3 to the new "drippy" beta.

I pulled up the stock 00 59 Bassman preset, set the drive block to Tone of Kings pushing up both the drive and level values, and set the reverb block to Tube Spring. I forgot about all of time and space,, then realized I had been jamming for 45 minutes on that preset with a huge f'n 😁!

:chef

Playing through a pair of CLR Neo wedges at a little less than stage volume pushed just as much air, and was equally satisfying to jamming on the Mark VII at a similar volume. 💯

TheBestOfBothWorlds™ Van Hagar memes incoming 😁

The tube spring is my favorite of the new offerings. I never cared for spring reverb before. The new spring algos are just beautiful. They have a bit of an unpredictable quality to them that makes playing a clean amp feel that much more alive. This is a fun revision.

Leo Gibson just put out a video comparing the FM3 and Fender TMP to a Deluxe Reverb amp and a JCM800 amp. The clean tones sounded pretty similar, but the comparisons with the Marshall were quite revealing.

The TMP does not fair well in this comparison. Jump ahead and listen to the comparison of the note decay at 20:35. The TMP has this awful static sound coming in as the notes decay while the FM3 and the amp let the notes decay naturally.

Leo Gibson just put out a video comparing the FM3 and Fender TMP to a Deluxe Reverb amp and a JCM800 amp. The clean tones sounded pretty similar, but the comparisons with the Marshall were quite revealing.

The TMP does not fair well in this comparison. Jump ahead and listen to the comparison of the note decay at 20:35. The TMP has this awful static sound coming in as the notes decay while the FM3 and the amp let the notes decay naturally.

IMO the Fender does Fender tones great and those type of effects
If I played in a band with songs about trucks girls beer and cornfields it would be a great contender but for all the strengths it has for country / blues gig , I think it has the absolute worst Marshall / Freidman 800 models I have heard
Something like Ampero for $300 does a much better job at that

On the positive side, they seem to have a solid unit, and a really good interface (which a lot of people seem to find more important than the sounds). It's up to them to develop it from here.

But, this thing is obviously under cooked at it's price point. And for all the praise they get for their Fender tones (and I do think they sound fine), I haven't heard anything that sounds better than Fractal. The FM9 has an embarrassment of great amps at the same price. And the new spring reverb closes the one remaining gap to a simple preference one way or another.

I heard far more than enough from the TMP first day or so of release. Fender don't know gain.
Never has. Maybe never will. :idk

A 1,000 Bassbreakers ain't gonna change that. :LOL:
I imagine it’s gotta be tough for a company that’s a known quantity with amp sounds releases something like this. Like, you expect Fender models to be stellar, and you’d likely expect the 5150III sounds to be amazing as well.

But with the other stuff, this thing just doesn’t do it for me either. However, wit’s their deep pockets, why didn’t they hire someone that knows high gain?

I’m pretty sure Cliff from FAS is a higher gain guy at heart, which could be why he’s so sensitive to it. And it shows.

I imagine it’s gotta be tough for a company that’s a known quantity with amp sounds releases something like this. Like, you expect Fender models to be stellar, and you’d likely expect the 5150III sounds to be amazing as well.

But with the other stuff, this thing just doesn’t do it for me either. However, wit’s their deep pockets, why didn’t they hire someone that knows high gain?

I’m pretty sure Cliff from FAS is a higher gain guy at heart, which could be why he’s so sensitive to it. And it shows.

Word is they got some cast offs/retreads from Line 6/Yamaha to help them develop it.

:sofa

Back