Fractal Talk

Maybe but I prefer just editing on the unit and getting a live sound, not having to worry about saving a IR, realizing I don't like it after all, firing up cab lab again, etc.

Just doesn't do it for me
Well, that sucks.....I guess you're stuck with the original Dyna-Cabs then.....I can't wait to try the new Dyna-Cabs that's coming
from York Audio myself.
biggrin.gif

I've definitely gotten interesting tonal shifts from rotating along a specific radius from the center. Whether that's because of the speaker itself or interaction from other speakers in the cab, I don't know in this case (e.g. maybe Cliff disconnected neighboring speakers to limit interplay), but that feature definitely expands the palette of tones. I think Leon demonstrates this in his video.
Yeah I thought that might be the answer.

"In fact, the DynaCab system in Cab-Lab 4 offers even more resolution and flexibility than our hardware products, with 360° of placement at variable distances."

Why would 360° make a difference? Isn't the left half of a speaker going to sound the same as the opposite half?

Seems to me, more flexibility would mean being able to change the axis of the mic.
Oddly enough no
Some engineers claim that there is a pref for where the sweet spot is
And that covers the whole speaker just like one speaker in a 412 can always sound “better”

Maybe but I prefer just editing on the unit and getting a live sound, not having to worry about saving a IR, realizing I don't like it after all, firing up cab lab again, etc.

Just doesn't do it for me
If that’s how it works, I’m guessing, I’ll pass on the packs. That workflow blows.

You’d think after 3 hardware revs w/ fixed memory all of which ran out of storage that FAS would have the sense to put some kind of expandable storage on the next series of products.

If that’s how it works, I’m guessing, I’ll pass on the packs. That workflow blows.

You’d think after 3 hardware revs w/ fixed memory all of which ran out of storage that FAS would put some kind of expandable storage on the next series of products.
Totally off topic but you have a synergy/axe fx setup right?

I'm absolutely loving the synergy line. I know it's expensive to get started but there are killer tones to be had

Ok... Looks like a lot of familiar faces in this thread... I didn't read the whole 64 pages but after 7-8 pages I didn't see too many tips or tricks posted.

Late to the party but better late than never! ;)

To contribute to the intent of the OP, here's a fun trick.

Create a preset with parallel amp blocks.

Dial in both amps to have similar volume when used separately.

Place a Mixer block after the Amps (or Cabs if you opt for dual Cabs).

Assign an expression pedal to control the Level of the row the first Amp is on.

Set Min to 0, Max to 100.

Assign the same expression pedal to control the Level for the row of the other Amp.

Engage both amp blocks.

Use the expression pedal to mix the 2 amps.

Once you find a mix you like, you can opt to detach the expression pedal and leave it set statically.

You can also do this on each channel of the mixer block to get multiple mixes.

You can then use those static settings in different scenes of your preset.

Ok... Looks like a lot of familiar faces in this thread... I didn't read the whole 64 pages but after 7-8 pages I didn't see too many tips or tricks posted.

Assign the same expression pedal to control the Level for the row of the other Amp.

Engage both amp blocks.

Once you find a mix you like, you can opt to detach the expression pedal and leave it set statically.

aint nobody got time for that GIF

Welcome @unix-guy :beer

Engage both amp blocks.

That’s some PHD level shit right there. (Copy’s it to notepad)

So this is weird...

I'm on the latest Beta (mainly for the triode algo Cliff re-worked), and I go to practice my Never Enough riff, and the preset I'm on has too much hair. So I switch to another, and I get a bunch of buzz, just like when you have a bad cable. That's exactly what it sounds like.

But I have 3 different amps in this preset, and only the Recto Red is doing it. The other amps are also high gain. Switch to another preset, and similar thing. Switch guitars, still there. Switch to front input, and it goes away. Switch back to rear input, and it's gone.

WTF?

The cable is very old, so maybe moving it around cured it, but why would it only do it with certain amps?
If it does it again, I will try another cable, and if that doesn't fix it, I'll post over at Fractal.

Back