Fractal Talk

Backup, never heard about it.. :D

I've been installing all betas since 2020 and once the tuner didn't mute, and sometimes an amp can have a parameter that's off, never had any issues.
And I haven't done a backup even once.

I hope you haven’t invested too much time perfecting your own presets, or just rely on never having to factory reset for any reason. I’m at the other end of the scale as I have backups of backups on external hard drives, thumb drives and Dropbox etc. It would break my heart to lose that lot.

Just updated from 8.0 to 9.0 Beta #2.

IMG_3645.gif

I hope you haven’t invested too much time perfecting your own presets, or just rely on never having to factory reset for any reason. I’m at the other end of the scale as I have backups of backups on external hard drives, thumb drives and Dropbox etc. It would break my heart to lose that lot.
I can recreate most any preset I'm using easily, and mostly as soon I'm recording things on top of drums, bass etc any time I've spent tweaking goes out the window and I need to tweak to the track. So if I were to lose all my presets it's no big deal.

The public beta firmware versions are pretty safe. So long as you backup you system settings and the presets you care about there is essentially no risk. If it causes a problem you can roll back and restore your system with the backup files. The few times there have been serious concerns they will pull the beta and post a fixed version ASAP.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be worried about hosing anything, I just don’t get antsy enough to fool with it.

Now if they need beta testers for the Fractal Satellite, I’m in. :banana

This Beeta is tempting I never usualy Go Beeta ... but maybe? im very curious since im now running a drive into an amp

:guiness

Last edited:
This Beeta is tempting I never usualy Go Beeta ... but maybe? im very curious since im now running a drive into an amp
Just backup before updating. If you’re not comfortable running it, you can easily revert back to the previous firmware.

I just updated my FM3T to 9.0b2, tried the FAS Stealth Blue and it sounds awesome! Apart from the Engl Savage, it's perhaps the only amp model I've tried so far that I actually prefer without a boost. Now I'm really hoping for an FAS Stealth Red ;-)

I also have to say that my usual complaint that the FAS modeling sounds too muffled is now a thing of the past. The last few firmware updates have - at least that's my impression - pulled the blanket off the speaker.

Last edited:
Back