Fractal Talk

I always prefer amp distortion, but in some setups that’s not possible (Like using a Jazz Chorus lol)

When it comes to purely pedal distortion I’ve always thought the Blues Driver was one of the better drives. I was pretty shocked that it wasn’t in the FAS ecosystem, which sort of underlines just how much is on the platform, when you can find something relatively common that is not. :ROFLMAO:

Blues Driver is a terrible name too, it makes me think it’s a pedal for lawyers, but a BD can get downright nasty with the gain cranked.

IMHO there is already too much in the Fractal, at least for my needs
Ill probably only ever use like maybe 20% of whats in the Fractal
Which is why I love Tone and QoL improvements over adding more gear

Yes I know Blasphemy

:pitchforks
Son Of A Bitch Ngapa GIF

IMHO there is already too much in the Fractal, at least for my needs
Ill probably only ever use like maybe 20% of whats in the Fractal
Which is why I love Tone and QoL improvements over adding more gear

Yes I know Blasphemy

:pitchforks
I get that! For me it is like a kid in a candy store, but I can only eat so much!! It is definitely a rabbit hole if you let it become that!!! I don't think anybody could possibly use it all, and I would guess that most use less than 10% of what these machines can do ;~))

That doesn't address anything. At best (and unlikely to achieve even this...a swimming pool in my back yard requires more than just a sign that says "hey, any drowning is on you!") it absolves them of being on the hook for financial hits taken by use of their forum.

Whose the bigger dick, the person that forces its customers to...use other platforms (of which there are plenty) to buy/sell its products on the used market.

Or the person that says "hey, we know a sizable number of you are going to get screwed buying/selling stuff on our platform. You keep being you. But we are not going to do anything to help minimize the damage to our customer base and will do nothing to help out customers that get screwed."
I lock my gate so no one can just come in and swim in our pool or use hotub but they can jump the fence I guess but pool has electric cover with lock on the switch.

How many different OD topologies are there, to be honest?

I wonder if the Big Four might be Tubescreamer, Klon, Bluesbreaker... not to be confused with Blues Driver, and a Timmy. :idk

First there were tube amps turned up loud; then there were tube amps turned up loud with an overdrive pedal run in front; then there were tube amps run clean with overdrive pedal in front trying to sound like either the 1st or 2nd scenario at whatever volume needed. Then there were digital modelers aimed at sounding like tube amps at all sorts of volume levels. Then there were people that still weren't happy with the buffet of options.

:beer

Back