Fractal Talk

Okay I guess I can see where you're coming from but there are bass amps and Mark models. And not an insignificant number of them. I think everything is at least fairly well represented.

I take it there are a few specific things you'd like that aren't in there. That's what the wish sections are for on their forum. While many wishes don't get added, plenty of them do.

ETA: And while it's logical that he would work hardest on what he finds the most interesting, he clearly works damn hard on things the community asks for as well. At least that's how I see it.

It's ok. Met is chronically unhappy and perplexed by gear in general. Just ask him. :idk

:sofa

Sorry, Met. Love you man! :hugitout

100%. I was looking for that the other day. Seems like a weird omission considering its popularity and the amount of other drives in the lineup.
I’ve used the Butler Tube Driver model as a stand-in, but unfortunately it’s not the same.

Off the top of my head there are the Vox offerings in the Fractal, and then all of the Vox variants
like the Matchlesses and Trainwrecks, the Suhr Badger, and toss in the Orange AD30, too, I suppose.

Isn't there a Gibson Scout model in the Fractal? Not EL84s, but in the ballpark.
What about the /13s? The Mesa Lone Star Special is Class A and EL84s, too,
isn't it? :idk

Think I need to break out the Tele and pile through a few of these today. :guiness

Edit: There's a Maz 38 in the lineup, too.

They are! I have hit on some of those before .... and the Convo here as my all curious
and eager again. :beer

Off the top of my head there are the Vox offerings in the Fractal, and then all of the Vox variants
like the Matchlesses and Trainwrecks, the Suhr Badger, and toss in the Orange AD30, too, I suppose.

Isn't there a Gibson Scout model in the Fractal? Not EL84s, but in the ballpark.
What about the /13s? The Mesa Lone Star Special is Class A and EL84s, too,
isn't it? :idk

Think I need to break out the Tele and pile through a few of these today. :guiness

Edit: There's a Maz 38 in the lineup, too.

I keep wishing for more of these type of amps.

I would love to see some AC15 style amps like a Matchless Lightning or a Bad Cat Cub.

I’ve also said before it seems like Benson models would be a good bet. Really simple designs that should be a lot faster/easier to model than some of the bigger amps, they’re wildly popular right now, and nobody else has models of them.

A Monarch or an Earhart would be a great addition!

Yeah, a Benson or 2 would be awesome. :love

Dr. Z Carmen Ghia is a killer amp in that vein, too.

You like the 2 x 6V6 thing as much? Like a Tone King Imperial? Lazy J? Suhr Hombre? Dr. Zed Z-28?? :idk

Blues Driver? Only if you want "transparent low to mid-gain transistor clipping."

barf GIF

:rofl

Last edited:
Neither do Line 6.
The BD-2 cannot be emulated, cloned or captured, it's a god tier pedal.
I have two already, standard and waza, if there is a pedal that I can call "transparent low to mid tube-like gain", this is it.
Is the Waza worth it? I have an Amazon clone in mini form :unsure:

Why introduce transparent low to medium gain diode clipping to an amp when you
have access to amps that literally do that thing without the addition of a pedal and its
little clippers?

Not trying to start a food fight. We all like what we like. :beer I just never got the
BD thing. If there was a pedal that sounded like a pedal to my ears that is it. Hell, I don't
even think it is "transparent," as it alters the tonestack of an amp far too much for me.

There are far superior "transparent" ODs if transparency is the goal. In my, experience. :idk

Carry on!

Why introduce transparent low to medium gain diode clipping to an amp when you
have access to amps that literally do that thing without the addition of a pedal and its
little clippers?
Been using the real pedal for years. I guess I’m just set in my ways.

Or just too lazy to think outside the box. :rofl

Back