Fractal Talk

The Dyna-Cab (TM) Crate Collection!

620032.jpg

000000112373312-00-2000x2000.jpg
s-l1200.webp
(If I'm being honest, I wind up just sitting on he Pignose, pleased as punch, more often than I care to admit)

The Dyna-Cab (TM) Crate Collection!

620032.jpg

000000112373312-00-2000x2000.jpg
s-l1200.webp
A Bogner 412 would be great
I think they mentioned they were going to do all the current cabs
So who knows York just did the Mesa , we have the Freidman , Vox, Bassman , Twin already
Maybe a combo DrZ or /13
Or orange

I wouldn't worry about it. You'll likely just launch Axe Edit, go into Tools and Fractal Bot, then it will walk you through the update. Basically it loads the firmware, then you turn the unit off and on, and you're done.
Cool thanks!

D

(If I'm being honest, I wind up just sitting on he Pignose, pleased as punch, more often than I care to admit)

A couple years back I spent way more time than I should dialing in a preset, not figuring out why it was so different than the last time I used it. I think when I got to a point I was ok with it, I realized I changed the cab block to a different channel on was using that damn Pignose IR the entire fucking time.

You laugh about the Pignose but it was probably about 30 years ago I saw David Brown (Billy Joel's guitar player) at a club and he used a Pignose. He was killing it. The case was opened about halfway with an SM57 stuck inside it.
Oh, I'm not at all laughing; was being 100% honest about how frequently I set up presets and just don't bother changing the cab.

You laugh about the Pignose but it was probably about 30 years ago I saw David Brown (Billy Joel's guitar player) at a club and he used a Pignose. He was killing it. The case was opened about halfway with an SM57 stuck inside it.

I don’t doubt it in that application, but I’m 99% sure I was trying to dial in a IIC++ for chugga chugga tones. :rofl

Badass. Sometime in the late aughts my wife and I were living in downtown Portland, OR, and we heard this busker with this powerful and expressive tone around the corner. We went to see the guy, and he was playing a Pignose. I bought one soon after that.

I had friend who played a Hohner Clavinet into a Pignose mic'd, which made the biggest power chords I had ever heard LOL!

Things were all over when they first came out. Were taken pretty serious for a number of years
and ended up being used on a number of pretty popular 70s albums. Think Zappa used one a lot.

Took the little Gorilla's and all the other shit knock-offs that flooded the market to make the whole
battery operated mini-amp thing a bit of a joke.

What I'm really, really, really curious is to know what a Pignose speaker impedance curve is like on a monster amp! 2203 through a Pignose SIC and IR? Bring it on!

It was all about the room and playing with placement and the baffling. Plus there were basically no other options for a battery operated amp you could clip on your strap. That alone made the thing sound so much better than it probably was. That said, in the right hands they worked!

Just read that Elton John's bassist recorded with one a few times.

Back