Fractal Talk

puppet GIF

Im guessing that probably means Axe 3 FW 25 [Release], FM9 FW 7.x and FM3 FW 8.x will all drop in the next few days or so (?)

Ben
Seems like just some corrections. I've never seen an editor edition preceding a FW

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.13.21
JUNE 10, 2024
NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Corrected the "Reset Current Channel" to work on the Controllers block.

* Corrected the Audition functionality in the Manage Presets Browser window to keep the window focus when auditioning with up and down arrow keys.

* Modified the "Export Preset+Cab Bundle" to take into account a Cab block's channel Mode selection such that DynaCab selections are shown correctly in the resulting "Export Preset+Cab Bundle" dialog.

* Corrected the selected control's focus rectangle to track with the focused control.

* Corrected an issue in FC Edit and FC Per-Preset Edit in which clicking a footswitch while a "Custom Label" was open for editing would apply the edited label to the newly clicked switch.

* Corrected an issue in "Set in multiple presets" in which the relative position of the control was sent instead of the last queried relative position from the device. Due to pixel differences, the editor's relative position of a control may not match exactly to the device's internally calculated value.

* Corrected a bug in "FC Edit" in which assigning a footswitch to View with an Inc/Dec function displayed a menu with -3 to +3 values. The menu now shows the correct -1 and +1 values.

It was mentioned in the FM3 FW 8 thread that something came up that prevented them from releasing the 8.0.1 bug fix. Hopefully everything is ok over there. Usually they get those bug fix releases out very quickly when issues are found.

-Aaron

"I don't give a shit about creating a bunch of pretty colors and graphics to appease people looking for something superficial"

Not directed at you but this would be such an arrogant way of addressing a segment of your market.

You don't agree with a feature so it's superficial?
Headrush, Line 6, Neural, and others with screens and color coded icons are just engineering in pretty?

Luddites have no place anywhere near digital audio.

It was mentioned in the FM3 FW 8 thread that something came up that prevented them from releasing the 8.0.1 bug fix. Hopefully everything is ok over there. Usually they get those bug fix releases out very quickly when issues are found.

-Aaron
Could be as simple as Cliff starting working on another update so they figured they would hold off and do it all
The FM generally get a larger update after AX3 releases a few unless it like a critical bug

Im guessing that probably means Axe 3 FW 25 [Release], FM9 FW 7.x and FM3 FW 8.x will all drop in the next few days or so (?)

Ben
I could’ve sworn that Leon was running an 8.0 beta on one of his recent FM3 videos. If so, then 8.X or 8.0X is in the pipeline.

Not directed at you but this would be such an arrogant way of addressing a segment of your market.

You don't agree with a feature so it's superficial?
Headrush, Line 6, Neural, and others with screens and color coded icons are just engineering in pretty?

Luddites have no place anywhere near digital audio.

Ah, to me considering a design choice superficial is a different thing than assessing a person as a whole to be superficial. I didn't think you're calling me arrogant. 🙂

To me the language of creativity often elevates the language of creative choices to something like moral assessments, and this falls in that category; something akin to saying "anyone who plays a riff like that is retarded." This is also my total conjecture of the thought process, so take it with a grain of salt; I could just be projecting!

I’m going to update my FM9 tonight. Is there one source I can look to for instructions that won’t steer me wrong? I remember loads of confusion some weeks/months ago, I want to avoid whatever that mess was and just do it right.

Lace Harder Than I Thought GIF by ALLBLK

I’m going to update my FM9 tonight. Is there one source I can look to for instructions that won’t steer me wrong? I remember loads of confusion some weeks/months ago, I want to avoid whatever that mess was and just do it right.

Lace Harder Than I Thought GIF by ALLBLK

I wouldn't worry about it. You'll likely just launch Axe Edit, go into Tools and Fractal Bot, then it will walk you through the update. Basically it loads the firmware, then you turn the unit off and on, and you're done.

Back