Fractal Talk

The Condenser is really good if you want to go with a 1 mic cab sim. I've been experimenting with this more vs my usual Dynamic 1/2 + Ribbon setup and really liking what I get out of the Condenser.

Also the Align parameter can be very useful for adding a bit of phasyness which can help smooth out the sound. The mics always being in phase otherwise can sound a bit "dry". Leon Todd had a good video on this recently.

Say Guys what is the CPU Limit on FM9 turbo where its not advised to go above
I'm Hovering about 81-82% (scratching the red) is this still usable or will introduce problems ?
Dual Ultra Hi Res cabs used if i Go to Standard IR it drops to about ~72%

Thanks

I'm going to wait until the new firmware drops (or perhaps give the beta a try), but I'm thinking of punting on the FM9T. It's just getting too frustrating to use. Whilst the tones of the Helix might not be as top notch, getting to something good is a lot easier/faster. I also seem to have an easier time with humbucker guitars on the FM than single coil. Single coil sounds on gainer stuff sounds awful on the FM, for some reason.

I love my single coil guitars and I’ll crunch them up pretty good, but nothing that qualifies for high gain around these parts… I pull the hamburger pupped guitar off the wall for hot searing leads and rhythm work.

Same Old Song May Sound Different To Individuals​

Neurons in the brain's hearing center reacted differently to the same sounds in different test subjects--so different people may hear the same sound differently​

So yes its differnt for sure for all of us​

So you are saying me and Wookie share similar neurons or pathways

plotting episode 4 GIF

I play high-ish gain IRL (on Mesas) with the Telecaster (Fishman Koch pups), and yes it sounds different than humbuckers, but it sounds different-awesome. I'm just struggling to get that same experience with the Fractal, and this is a main guitar for me, along with my IBZ JS.

Back