Fractal Talk

ORIGINAL OFFICIAL ONE DAY THIS FUCKING THING BETTER PAY ME SOME MONEY
Digital Art GIF by South Park

Playing around a bit more today an I am not sure I am loving the Revv oddly enough ,it’s funny when I switch between the XTC red and Revv Red the Bogner is just much fuller and punchier the Revv sounds kind of thin very bright and lacks any balls , reminds me almost of an Od pedal into a clean amp
Any one else or suggestions to dial it in ?

Playing around a bit more today an I am not sure I am loving the Revv oddly enough ,it’s funny when I switch between the XTC red and Revv Red the Bogner is just much fuller and punchier the Revv sounds kind of thin very bright and lacks any balls , reminds me almost of an Od pedal into a clean amp
Any one else or suggestions to dial it in ?
I never liked the real life amp so I won't be much help.

Imo when talking with the people at Revv they compared the Red channel to a dual rec and the purple to a 5150 (I'm sure a loose comparison but it was the best way they could describe it to me). However, I feel like with the newer boutique amps of today, they are focusing more on polished tone vs the rawness of the amps they may be based on.

I would suggest sticking with what you like!

I never liked the real life amp so I won't be much help.

Imo when talking with the people at Revv they compared the Red channel to a dual rec and the purple to a 5150 (I'm sure a loose comparison but it was the best way they could describe it to me). However, I feel like with the newer boutique amps of today, they are focusing more on polished tone vs the rawness of the amps they may be based on.

I would suggest sticking with what you like!
I agree it does not sound like a Recto is missing the low end girth and chug. A boosted tweaked Recto sounds much better to me
The Revv is almost like they low cut and took out the low mids and body

Well I dunno but i think there enough amps and Tweaks in the Fractal to make any kind of noise you want
More amps added for me is oh well another amp
For the FW i am excited about the Dynacabs because of the workflow ease of use and I was also looking at the implementation of improved switching (implemented in the AXE and now FM3) but no word yet for the FM9
I much prefer ease of use features and overall sound/tone Improvemnts when comes to FW updates

There’s so much crap in the axefx3… I just threw dynamic distortion on my lead patch, because I could having just read @yek on freckle forum…

Never put it in a patch before 🥸

Brought up the harmonic mids even more, which is perfect for me and lead toanz 👍❤️🙏

There’s so much crap in the axefx3… I just threw dynamic distortion on my lead patch, because I could having just read @yek on freckle forum…

Never put it in a patch before 🥸

Brought up the harmonic mids even more, which is perfect for me and lead toanz 👍❤️🙏
Yeah, the AxeFx III is like a 'superset of reality' rather than an emulation.

I think we are already at the point where the digital can do stuff just not possible IRL (which people keep asking for when they talk about modeling) but a lot of folks don't realize the future is already here... you gotta put the pieces together but the capability is mind bending.

When I first got my head around the FAS controller methodology and how they could be assigned everywhere, I was floored. The deep params are like a modders tool kit no soldering necessary. It's really bananas when you think about it.

Didn't even realize this was a thing that was there :bag

I remember when Cliff released the feature… I just didn’t see use at the time. Since then, I’ve learned to use saturation on mixes, and understand the harmonic content created by these kinds of things. (I use an exciter on a bass frequently to get those some of those frequencies to pop ear buds.)

There also might be five other ways to do this in the AxeFx3 …

Just did the beta to bring DynaCabs into the conversation. Excellent stuff! Recto slant and straight are killer as expected. Citrus and 5150 III impedance curves cabs are great as well. I seem to be liking Dynamic 1 on it's own versus combining cabs? Took me just a few minutes to match the Boss benchmark. Very nice \m/ We'll see how they stick here after a few go rounds.

Just did the beta to bring DynaCabs into the conversation. Excellent stuff! Recto slant and straight are killer as expected. Citrus and 5150 III impedance curves cabs are great as well. I seem to be liking Dynamic 1 on it's own versus combining cabs? Took me just a few minutes to match the Boss benchmark. Very nice \m/ We'll see how they stick here after a few go rounds.

Try a slightly different mic/cab and then pin each cab 10 ticks left and right (if you do stereo); mix to taste

Try a slightly different mic/cab and then pin each cab 10 ticks left and right (if you do stereo); mix to taste
I need to dig up the list of mics to see what the mic I am using is supposed to be. They just have generic names in FM9 edit. Of course; I'm simultaneously blowing up my pedalboard for Friday's gig :bag:whistle::rofl

Edit for Dynamic is a 57. Not surprising :satan

I need to dig up the list of mics to see what the mic I am using is supposed to be. They just have generic names in FM9 edit. Of course; I'm simultaneously blowing up my pedalboard for Friday's gig :bag:whistle::rofl

Edit for Dynamic is a 57. Not surprising :satan

So far we know three for sure, you got the first one:

Dynamic 1: SM57
Dynamic 2: SM7b
Condenser: Soyuz 1973

The Ribbon has not yet been revealed; it's not clear if it ever will be!

Back