Fractal Talk

Maybe this is the grand finale of updates before a new flagship for next year 😎 now I sound like one of those people
You're not one of those people until you starting posting something like this every fucking Friday:
  • F5 F5 F5
  • It's Friday! I wonder what that could mean???
  • Hm, smells like a freshly baked firmware in the kitchen!
  • Any chance we'll get a beta today? (david_chappelle_meme.jpeg)

Looks like the FM3 and FM9 both got their last major update on August 17th, so 4 months ago. The big feature then was DynaCabs, and I'm sure we're all happy about that... So in calendar terms it hasn't been that long; it's just that it seems there's been a lot of significant updates for the III over that time frame...

Sometimes I wish Cliff would just step away from the source code and give the FM devs a chance to catch up. :-) And yet his relentless pursuit of perfection is such an inspiration....

My personal takeaway is that the next time I buy another Fractal will be the flagship model regardless of whether my guitar skillz justify it. :-)
This 100%

If you are into gear enough to be on a gear forum, absolutely worth the Axe 3. It’s really hard to be patient enough to wait for the trickle down updates with the FM.

Last edited:
I’m putting together a gofundme to clone Cliff if you guys wanna chip in. It’s partly as insurance in case anything happens to Cliff #1, but also so he can work on the FM series and the Axe-FX simultaneously.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-pay-for-clones-of-cliff-chase?member=36467757&sharetype=teams&utm_campaign=p_na+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer
donated! what a great cause. it's not much, but I hope my $20,000 contribution helps bring us closer to cliff 2: electric boogaloo.

Sad Thinking GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Sure there are some nice improvements and additions in all these Flagship updates
But my FM9 is perfectly usable, there is nothing at all in the new firmware that I must have right away
So ill wait if and when they come, in the mean time my current patch is awesome and I'm content

Sure there are some nice improvements and additions in all these Flagship updates
But my FM9 is perfectly usable, there is nothing at all in the new firmware that I must have right away
So ill wait if and when they come, in the mean time mu current patch is awesome and I'm content
Well look at “Mr. Content” over here. All content and stuff. Acting like he’s better than us, the rest of the lowly FM crew, waiting with our mouths foaming and our eyes twitching.

;) ;)

Back