Fractal Talk

First, Extreme is a dumb name, because it’s not like it’s some insane amount of gain. Second, yes it’s absolutely awesome. I think it’s just Mark IV mode with no negative feedback? I don’t know, I just work here. I’m no surgeon.
Reminds me of the Line 6 Spyder setting

Lurker here but purchased an Axe Fx in May as first foray into the digital realm. It has been the best music related purchase I've made and continues to get better.

I'm not familiar with all the amp families and lineage but was wondering how to get in the ball park of Sunn Model T, Matamp GT120/GT1 or an Orange OR120? Whether through changing tonestack or the FAS models? I understand the bands who use these amps for doom/sludge are using a bunch of fuzz pedals but wanted to see if anyone had suggestions. Thank you.

89lywm.jpg
That would be the Stealth

Of course the updates are awesome and it’s always fun checking them out, no different than a DLC for a video game, but unless you’re really waiting on a specific thing from an update that you used previously as a mainstay of your rig/tone, there might be a little more FOMO at play than anything else just because the state everything is in currently.

I know that’s definitely easier to say having both units, but my FM9 generally gets more use than my AxeFX and I haven’t once sat there thinking “Fuck I wish I had these spring reverbs and gapless switching!” There’s rarely even a time to take advantage of the gapless switching when you’re not gigging or wanting to record something where you’re changing presets instead of just switching tracks.

I get it, I’d most certainly be chomping at the bit for the 2203 and Mark V stuff. If it makes any of ya’ll feel any better, I haven’t even downloaded the beta yet today and probably won’t on account of snagging that Shiva!

Of course the updates are awesome and it’s always fun checking them out, no different than a DLC for a video game, but unless you’re really waiting on a specific thing from an update that you used previously as a mainstay of your rig/tone, there might be a little more FOMO at play than anything else just because the state everything is in currently.

I know that’s definitely easier to say having both units, but my FM9 generally gets more use than my AxeFX and I haven’t once sat there thinking “Fuck I wish I had these spring reverbs and gapless switching!” There’s rarely even a time to take advantage of the gapless switching when you’re not gigging or wanting to record something where you’re changing presets instead of just switching tracks.

I get it, I’d most certainly be chomping at the bit for the 2203 and Mark V stuff. If it makes any of ya’ll feel any better, I haven’t even downloaded the beta yet today and probably won’t on account of snagging that Shiva!
Honestly I can’t think of much else I would really want in the box
The Nobles was kind of the last drive I had intrest in and the reverbs and delays are already so good , anything else at this point is just gravy

I still haven’t installed the latest stuff on my Axe FX. I did the first beta just to check out the spring reverb, but have been focused on building presets in the FM9 for the songs my band is doing. About the only thing I’m really hoping to see ported over is the reverbs, but they’re not absolutely necessary for me in the FM9.

Honestly I can’t think of much else I would really want in the box
Thank you for giving me another opportunity to say:
* robust MIDI support so I can use a bunch of rotary encoders to give me knobs for everything -- laxu and I are always bringing this up.
* a proper feedback effect; basically I want Fractal to re-imagine the FreqOut. Not totally sure about this, but I think Helix recently got a feedback effect, and Boss has had it for years; is it possible this is the one place where Fractal is "falling behind"? ;-)

It used to be that you could easily tell the difference based on the feel, but the technology has improved significantly in recent years. What a great time to be a…. Guitar player. Yeah, that’s it.
I may be able to tell the difference if I were playing through the gear but I certainly can’t tell from listening to that video.

When you all record with a fractal unit, do you set a high low cut on the cab block? Ive been setting mine to around 80 and 7500 but sometimes it just feels to boxy or not open.

Lo and Hi Cuts always. 75Hz to 120Hz on the Lo cut and 6kHz to 9kHz on the
Hi Cut. A lot depends on the tones I am going for (which amp and cab, and what
style of music I am trying to cop/play). :idk

I also mess around with the slope.... sometimes steep and other times more gradual.

If you are into gear enough to be on a gear forum, absolutely worth the Axe 3. It’s really hard to be patient enough to wait for the trickle down updates with the FM.

propulsio elfe GIF by Propulsio360

:LOL:

I timewrap back to my 16 year old self, and he is super fucking stoked with the present options. :banana

Besides, combating social media -induced FOMO is a lifeskill EVERYONE (man, woman, and child)
needs to cultivate in the current climate we live in. :beer

I am building muscles here. :rofl

Back