Fractal Talk

Sure there are some nice improvements and additions in all these Flagship updates
But my FM9 is perfectly usable, there is nothing at all in the new firmware that I must have right away
So ill wait if and when they come, in the mean time my current patch is awesome and I'm content
It’s the Stealth , that’s the one I really want , Leon and Burgs clips of that model killed me .
Normally I don’t jones too much but that is like the perfect hi gainer
If you want that 5150/SLO / Mezzabarba thing

The first time in my life I’ve ever been part of an exclusive group! *raises pinky while looking down nose at non-FM9-owners who can’t even get one now*
That's the holiday spirit mate!!!!!!!

BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!!!
grinning the grinch GIF

If you are into gear enough to be on a gear forum, absolutely worth the Axe 3. It’s really hard to be patient enough to wait for the trickle down updates with the FM.

I don't find it that hard, actually. Maybe it's just getting old, but I realize I won't even use 50 percent of what's in there already. I've barely used the Revv models! Would a Mark V or new JVM410HJS or 2203 be cool? Sure, but I love all of the Mark sounds already, prefer the original JVM410 channels and am already all good on modded Marshalls on the Fractal platform.

EVH Stealth? I bet it's killer, but I love the existing 50 watt Blue and use it all the time.

Gapless switching? I'm good with the existing tiny gaps with channels.

Not saying I won't use these if/when they event make it to FM9....of course I will. But I don't have any sort of need or use case for more anything Fractal. It's all gravy and candy at this point.

I don't find it that hard, actually. Maybe it's just getting old, but I realize I won't even use 50 percent of what's in there already. I've barely used the Revv models! Would a Mark V or new JVM410HJS or 2203 be cool? Sure, but I love all of the Mark sounds already, prefer the original JVM410 channels and am already all good on modded Marshalls on the Fractal platform.

EVH Stealth? I bet it's killer, but I love the existing 50 watt Blue and use it all the time.

Gapless switching? I'm good with the existing tiny gaps with channels.

Not saying I won't use these if/when they event make it to FM9....of course I will. But I don't have any sort of need or use case for more anything Fractal. It's all gravy and candy at this point.
More Is More Typography GIF by Alanna Flowers

I'm going to preface this by saying I have 0 knowledge of the Mark series DNA--how similar or different one version is from another.

That said, I really like the Mark V Extreme mode. It might just be that I'm having an easier time getting to the sound I want, since I'm sure the same sound is achievable with other Mark-types. It's good.

I'm going to preface this by saying I have 0 knowledge of the Mark series DNA--how similar or different one version is from another.

That said, I really like the Mark V Extreme mode. It might just be that I'm having an easier time getting to the sound I want, since I'm sure the same sound is achievable with other Mark-types. It's good.
First, Extreme is a dumb name, because it’s not like it’s some insane amount of gain. Second, yes it’s absolutely awesome. I think it’s just Mark IV mode with no negative feedback? I don’t know, I just work here. I’m no surgeon.

First, Extreme is a dumb name, because it’s not like it’s some insane amount of gain. Second, yes it’s absolutely awesome. I think it’s just Mark IV mode with no negative feedback? I don’t know, I just work here. I’m no surgeon.
The Negative Feedback setting is max'd on the Mk V Red XT model. I don't know what to make of it beyond that, especially in relation to other Mark amps.

Back