Fractal Talk

Gotta remember that over the last 2-3 years every one of these shipping services has had their operations turned upside down, first with Covid and then with the post-Covid world where tons more people are comfy ordering online than before. Imagine what being the head of logistics has been like for them!?!?!? :oops: They're probably all still in the optimization stages of the massive increase in traffic and how best to route things for bottom line cost efficiencies.

Can someone post a kitten pic or something to calm me down from my triggered UPS rage state?
1000002165.jpg

I understand big business and the hub concept but shipping things on 3 different planes is never cheaper than using one. Not to forget the amount of extra handling it takes from more personnel gathering and packing. The expense of fuel and wages are passed along to the consumer as increased costs.

That's not true. It depends on the cost per package. Let's say their avg flight cost is around $2000. In your direct example, they have 100 packages, so it costs them $20 a package. But on the 3 city route they have 1000 packages, $6 a package despite some packages having to travel farther.

Oh I totally get it. I understand logistics and that the UPS hub is in KY. But I can still hate them for it!

Minimising costs for UPS too. Not for me or the planet.

That's debatable as well. Is it worse for them to add many shorter trips vs fewer longer trips?

That's not true. It depends on the cost per package. Let's say their avg flight cost is around $2000. In your direct example, they have 100 packages, so it costs them $20 a package. But on the 3 city route they have 1000 packages, $6 a package despite some packages having to travel farther.
the package amounts are not going to stay static from one flight to the next at 1000. I realize they don't want to send empty planes but I can also say that all of those flights aren't fully packed. Due to expedited shipping, they were going to go regardless whether they were full or not. It's part of offering next day delivery. The system is broken

the package amounts are not going to stay static from one flight to the next at 1000. I realize they don't want to send empty planes but I can also say that all of those flights aren't fully packed. Due to expedited shipping, they were going to go regardless whether they were full or not. It's part of offering next day delivery. The system is broken

Of course those packages aren't static at 1000. Conversely, the shortest route might be a single package instead of 100. Logistics systems aren't broken at all, they are looking to minimize the total number of flights they have to make.

Correct LF Resonance settings are crucially important, it what makes a solid state power amp sound like a tube amp with real cabs, in my experience so far.

I'm here:

I take the data points from my impedance measurement REW graph then do Fractal's math.

They will run them to the main hub
Fed ex is out of Kentucky if it is going air . I remember my dad telling me a story that it wild
They close the airport at 8pm and then it’s just Fed Ex planes lined up coming in all night

Back