Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

@GuitarJon Thank you for this updated review and your honesty. Big kudos to Fender for listening and making a difference.

I have a new TMP in my possession to try out here at home...should be fun.

Thanks! After my recent comparisons and the firmware updates I realised that I didn't agree with my own hardware modeler ranking video anymore (in terms of where I put the TMP) that I made recently. That video got quite a lot of views and I wanted to make sure that people had access to my updated opinion. I hope this helps to clear things up!

Last edited:
Because forum posts are much more entertaining when people buy 1 of everything ?
Happy So Excited GIF by TikTok

And what about YOU ? What do you currently own & use ?? Now...
Old tech for now… my needs are pretty minimal as dont gig or do covers. The tmp I tried when released didn’t wow me but it may progress well by 2025 . Fractal will be dropping new gear in 2025 as will line6 and boss and I guess ampx so will keep an eye out . I just can’t justify buying every flagship at this point as what I use even though older still sounds good to me

Old tech for now… my needs are pretty minimal as dont gig or do covers. The tmp I tried when released didn’t wow me but it may progress well by 2025 . Fractal will be dropping new gear in 2025 as will line6 and boss and I guess ampx so will keep an eye out . I just can’t justify buying every flagship at this point as what I use even though older still sounds good to me
What are the factors/specs you are considering to wait for. Fractal and Helix current gen is high tier gear pretty much perfect as is, but will continue to evolve through updates.

So I’m curious and honest in my question because it’s interesting. :)

Nothing is saying there will be new flagship modelers in -25. You simply don’t know that. And people have been saying that since 2019, then paused saying that during 21,22 and then people started saying things like that 23, 24 again. The knock (several ones, shit that happened in the world) on the companies has done more damage than we probably know.

Personally I’m thinking that current gen to next gen modelers will se very minor improvements regarding the accuracy parts and I’m leaving profiling out as I’m not interested in that. Component modeling may be “perfected” but I doubt we’ll see a huge jump there, because it is what it is and both fractal and Line 6 pretty much has made component modeling as good as it can get (from my understanding). So there will certainly be more power, size changes, hardware I/O changes and stuff. Maybe L6 give in and make a touchscreen or maybe not.
Who knows.

My point is that playing guitar and hearing the sound is still the essence no matter how a modeler is made.

It’s like with smartphones and laptops. I always stay 2 gen behind there because of economy and they do the exact same important thing as next gen.

With modelers is safe to say that current gen is pretty much a safe place to be and next gen is pretty much an unnecessary wait if one wants to play guitar.

I do get your point, if what you have is good for you there’s no point buying anything.

Last edited:
Back