Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

Not at all. Leon does the internet a great service. He makes me want to buy more gear every time i watch him and he makes me feel like a "legend" in doing so.

You do the same Jon but instead of feeling like a legend, I just get reminded how sloppy my playing is and how I can't write a good hook.

You don't want to know how I feel about my own playing...

Leon is an absolute LEGEND, agreed! I can't imagine anybody having something negative to say about him for whatever reason. Jealousy?

Has he ever made any piece of gear sound less than amazing?

He's an "enabler".
I think he's had some things where his sounds haven't been as good as what he usually gets. I can't remember off the bat what products they were, but I imagine if he struggles to get great tones out of something, then the product might not be that great.

“Endurance is more important than truth.” —Charles Bukowski
IMG_3439.gif

Let’s see...30 guitars and a Fractal FM9 Turbo MKII...where's the connection ??
Holdup… hold everyone’s horses for fuck sakes… did Tim actually get a modern modeller???? If this is true it surely must be one of forum history’s greatest event (not counting the great creation event of tgf)

Sorry bout the enormous ot… I’ll be on my way out

Holdup… hold everyone’s horses for fuck sakes… did Tim actually get a modern modeller???? If this is true it surely must be one of forum history’s greatest event (not counting the great creation event of tgf)

Sorry bout the enormous ot… I’ll be on my way out
I will answer for him (apologies to Tim if I am wrong) — there was a misconception from the other poster — Tim quoted someone who owns the fm9 and the other poster combined the post about 30 guitars with the copied post about the fm9. Again that’s the way it seemed to me…. Now we should get back to taking gear 😉

@the swede IIRC, TB2 did say (last year, I think) that he'd decided that the FM9 was for him and that he was going to get one, but then he never followed through on the purchase.
Back in January he made a post saying he got on the "FM9 waitlist". I started a thread for all FM9 owners to chime in about their

time spent with the unit. Gigging/recording or just having fun at home with it. He's remained absolutely silent on this...not a word.

Maybe the Helix is the best modeler of all, I don't know, and I never talk about anything I haven't used thoroughly. Personally, the only competition I enter is for the best music. The TMP works extremely well for this competition: I feel inspired, not limited at all in my music. I've owned and still own a bit of hardware, some very good amps, I didn't like the Kemper, I got bored of the Axe Fx II and for the moment the TMP suits me. I know I've paid for comfort, the fact that I don't have to spend time tweaking hours to get ... hem I didn't even know: with the TMP I get something good straight away. That's it. Now I can play.
@alexone I read your post from March so, 4 months later and 2 changes in June (firmware update & a bug fix) what's your opinion currently on the TMP ?
I suspect as time goes by, this unit will improve. If you no longer have the TMP, please disregard this post.

I'm like you...I never talk about anything I haven't used thoroughly.

Last edited:
I got my TMP yesterday, and I like it. No, I do not think it is a threat to the FM9T for most uses. However, I do think it's a great option for people who want that interface. I could see myself using it a lot for practice and for some clean/amp reverb sounds.

It's weird to me that they included a Vibro-King, but left off the tremolo - especially since they include it on the DR. Why would Fender selectively not include a feature of a Fender amp? It's also weird that they have a visual representation of the amp face, with all the knobs and switches functional, but the two inputs shown are not selectable. Either let people choose their input or pull the unavailable one off the picture.

I do hope they'll add more amps, and that they'll focus their additions on Fender amps. It's weird to me that there are Fender amp sounds that I can get other ways but not on Fender's flagship modeler. I'd love to treat it as my room full of Fender amps.

I like the FR-10 as well.

Back