CorOS 2.0 when?

May I ask a few serious questions here please? I ask all of the analysts and gear junkie folks to reseat their hats and chime in honestly with a fresh breath.

It’s true the Neural Quad Cortex launched prematurely with a set of promised features that weren’t delivered. It also true that the hardware and GUI offered a nice step forward for a solution. The vision to deliver a compact platform that offered modeling and captures with some innovative hardware tricks like foot switches that doubled as knobs was forward thinking. Is it possible that with OS 2.0 they may take a big step toward delivering on the initial promises and leveraging it’s capability?

I get the bad taste with initial execution but at what point does a company redeem itself? According to the dev updates they clearly have their eye on delivering…

I get the bad taste with initial execution but at what point does a company redeem itself? According to the dev updates they clearly have their eye on delivering…

Well, having the feature set promised on launch would be a terrific start, in my book.

Even then, i think i'll be torn for a while until NDSP builds a bit of a track record supporting the product. I owned a QC, liked a lot about it, but the (clearly) unfinished feature set, quirks and lack of updates drew me back to Helixland - and i'm pretty confortable there right now.

A working desktop editor and in-device file management would make it quite tempting though.

Is it possible that with OS 2.0 they may take a big step toward delivering on the initial promises and leveraging it’s capability?

They basically have the following “outstanding”: File Manager, (improved IR Loader) Plugins, Desktop editor, Hybrid Mode, and a marketplace. This update apparently addresses half of that. That’s a good thing and moves it closer to the initial (prelaunch) vision of the product.

Most people here were either plug-in owners interested in the QC or early preorder customers that had a QC right out of the gate. So it’s a group that had a front row seat to the prelaunch theatrics and post launch rug pull. I’m sure some won’t enjoy doing business with Neural as a result. Im sure others just have a “prove it” mentality now. I fall into the latter camp. (Acknowledging it was never a bad device, and has gotten incrementally better since launch, just somewhat short of expectations)

As someone that owned one for 18mos, I think if/when they fully deliver on the initial prelaunch vision, it’s going to be an absolutely monster device. Barring something new coming to market, i won’t hesitate to dive back in when it’s Prelaunch 1.0

They basically have the following “outstanding”: File Manager, (improved IR Loader) Plugins, Desktop editor, Hybrid Mode, and a marketplace. This update apparently addresses half of that. That’s a good thing and moves it closer to the initial (prelaunch) vision of the product.

Most people here were either plug-in owners interested in the QC or early preorder customers that had a QC right out of the gate. So it’s a group that had a front row seat to the prelaunch theatrics and post launch rug pull. I’m sure some won’t enjoy doing business with Neural as a result. Im sure others just have a “prove it” mentality now. I fall into the latter camp. (Acknowledging it was never a bad device, just short of expectations)

As someone that owned one for 18mos, I think if/when they fully deliver on the initial prelaunch vision, it’s going to be an absolutely monster device. Barring something new coming to market, i won’t hesitate to dive back in when it’s Prelaunch 1.0
Thank you @Whizzinby. That’s a solid take. I appreciate it very much.

L6 Squirrels, FAS over-engineered footswitch configurations, Boss' head in the sand no one wants a 5150 model or a remotely near the same universe Recto and Kemper's palm mutes have entered the chat.
Imagine if we could get just that in a box
Line 6 squirrels , Kemper attack
Footswitch functions that come with a seperate 22 easy to follow steps manual
And a handful of amp models no one asked for
That would be a game charger

Oh and they are now showing hybrid mode demo for 2.0
In case anyone wants to see , it’s in the September update
2.0 should go into beta soon

That’s a great addition.

But “exceeding expectations”? Really? Didn’t they already say it was implemented. Or going to be. Then it wasn’t. Then they ignored the “when” question forever. And now with 2.0 it’s going to finally show up…

Don’t start changing history here, that’s not at all how that went down. Doug flat out said “They haven’t even started it yet” when asked about it. :rofl

May I ask a few serious questions here please? I ask all of the analysts and gear junkie folks to reseat their hats and chime in honestly with a fresh breath.

It’s true the Neural Quad Cortex launched prematurely with a set of promised features that weren’t delivered. It also true that the hardware and GUI offered a nice step forward for a solution. The vision to deliver a compact platform that offered modeling and captures with some innovative hardware tricks like foot switches that doubled as knobs was forward thinking. Is it possible that with OS 2.0 they may take a big step toward delivering on the initial promises and leveraging it’s capability?

I figured the QC would get there eventually and my gripe was never with the QC itself. Between the marketing, bullsh*tting, bailing, development time, communication and transparency there’s a lot that doesn’t want me to open my wallet. They don’t need a QC update, they need a “don’t be a douche of a company” update.

Back