CorOS 2.0 when?

Well, the blog posts are extraordinary - we know that much. ;)

I'd better just finish reading this thread. I haven't decided whether to defend NDSP or make fun of them yet.

["why not both" meme]

giphy.gif

NDSP are "show first, think later" type of company, I imagine when they actually started working on hybrid mode they got a wake up call from reality.
On a couple of other fronts I'm inclined to agree. But Hybrid mode should have been (relatively) low-hanging fruit. :idk

On a couple of other fronts I'm inclined to agree. But Hybrid mode should have been (relatively) low-hanging fruit. :idk

Yeah, it's weird. Not that i know shit about the QCs architecture, but button mapping functionality should by far one of the easiest things to modify. No idea why they kept pushing it back instead of rolling the feature out with an incremental update - you have WiFi downloads, for Pete's sake.

I finally got to the "ask questions later" portion of my shooting at Hybrid Mode 2 (Jaws 4: Fish in a Barrel?), and I have to admit, the UI design looks (wait for it...) very elegant. :)

They kind of glossed over the individual assignment of switches, though. I guess it's going to be a top row/ bottom row affair, as opposed to a per-switch implementation? And then if you want to send MIDI out, you just use a Stomp mode switch assigned to nothing? This still only catches up to the HX implementation as it stood a couple of years ago. If it's any better than that, they should say so. (Or did I just miss something?)

c704b663-a0ce-473a-8d04-0f92a13c7878_text.gif

Yeah, it's weird. Not that i know s**t about the QCs architecture, but button mapping functionality should by far one of the easiest things to modify. No idea why they kept pushing it back instead of rolling the feature out with an incremental update - you have WiFi downloads, for Pete's sake.
The only thing I could see being complicated is the fact that there are already presets in the cloud that were built before this new mode was supported. But they've clearly gotten around that by continuing to support those modes, so... who knows?

The only thing I could see being complicated is the fact that there are already presets in the cloud that were built before this new mode was supported. But they've clearly gotten around that by continuing to support those modes, so... who knows?

Yeah. My guess is they want to drop all these features together to make a big buzz wheh 2.0 finally lands. Because having WiFi, they could very easily just do rolling updates, automatically, every month or so.

Last edited:
Yeah. My guess is they want to drop all these features together to make a big buzz wheh 2.0 finally lands. Because with WiFi updates, they could very easily just do rolling updates, automatically, every month or so.
Legitimately "S O O N" would have been better PR than "B I G" IMO, but you may be right. They might also have been trying to avoid extra rounds of regression testing.

It was probably easy to implement (yeah I said it) the basic functionality of the hybrid switching but it was probably a major effort to actually put it into the UI (submenus, configuration, menus, dialogs, integrating it into the mode switching, etc). I suspect that is what they meant when they said it was 'implemented'. i.e. they had a proof of concept for it, which is different than something being ready for public release (IMHO).

Like James said above I think DC's mode of operation during the hype phase was to just give his first take (which was usually hyper-optimistic) and think things out or truly scope them later when responding on TGP.

It was lame/slimy to slink away to Discord when the 1.0 had so many issues, though. Should have learned the lesson to properly scope things and understand people were taking his statements as commitments and then own the botched release and do a hard reset on expectations and proceed transparently.

I guess they sort of succeeded in spite of that. Mostly because the capture functionality and UI absolutely crushed it and the hype train managed to keep the momentum. I think the covid supply chain issues creating an artificial scarcity may have even helped out.

It was probably easy to implement (yeah I said it) the basic functionality of the hybrid switching but it was probably a major effort to actually put it into the UI (submenus, configuration, menus, dialogs, integrating it into the mode switching, etc). I suspect that is what they meant when they said it was 'implemented'. i.e. they had a proof of concept for it, which is different than something being ready for public release (IMHO).

Like James said above I think DC's mode of operation during the hype phase was to just give his first take (which was usually hyper-optimistic) and think things out or truly scope them later when responding on TGP.

It was lame/slimy to slink away to Discord when the 1.0 had so many issues, though. Should have learned the lesson to properly scope things and understand people were taking his statements as commitments and then own the botched release and do a hard reset on expectations and proceed transparently.

I guess they sort of succeeded in spite of that. Mostly because the capture functionality and UI absolutely crushed it and the hype train managed to keep the momentum. I think the covid supply chain issues creating an artificial scarcity may have even helped out.
Run The Gauntlet. AlwaysTM

Damn. They ain’t playing with 2.0. Wasn’t expecting that to be in it.

Might be the first time an update has exceeded expectations. (Assuming that it drops before EOY)
Yeah man, my trigger finger is ah-itchin‘ for sure. Sucks big time.

Back