CorOS 2.0 when?

NDSP wishes they could change history!
I think the thing is sooner or later NDSP is going to eventually have to actually get some of the things they talked about QC prelaunch finally implemented coming up on two years post launch. It's great for anyone who has hung in there, and for those perhaps getting ready to jump on board. However it's hardly a blue ribbon moment of product excellence to finally get some stuff done. That being said I wouldn't count on any updates until they're actually in the device and functioning properly. I think it's pretty amazing how effective Neural DSP's advertising has been in regard to selling and their behavior analysis has been in regard to people holding on due to the potential of deliverables materializing.

Last edited:
I get the bad taste with initial execution but at what point does a company redeem itself? According to the dev updates they clearly have their eye on delivering…
When Doug gets as active on TGP as he used to be before the going started to get tough! ;)

Truth be told, my biggest issue with NDSP was the way they simply clammed up, leaving us all in the dark as to what they were actually up to.

The new dev blogs have gone a long way to assuaging my concern here, although the point is now largely moot for me as I sold my QC!

Nah, going to see what tomorrow brings with 2.0… Standing pat with my AFB Mk-II for now. Solid tones for me.
Maybe… gotta make it through today on last day of special financing.
Grow Your Own GIF by Lazy Oaf

Nah, going to see what tomorrow brings with 2.0… Standing pat with my AFB Mk-II for now. Solid tones for me.
You’re not seriously thinking that 2.0 might drop tomorrow, are you??

And what’s all this about “special” financing? In my experience, there’s never a shortage of people ready to take your money.

Buy it. Try it. Ditch it if you don’t love it.

May I ask a few serious questions here please? I ask all of the analysts and gear junkie folks to reseat their hats and chime in honestly with a fresh breath.

It’s true the Neural Quad Cortex launched prematurely with a set of promised features that weren’t delivered. It also true that the hardware and GUI offered a nice step forward for a solution. The vision to deliver a compact platform that offered modeling and captures with some innovative hardware tricks like foot switches that doubled as knobs was forward thinking. Is it possible that with OS 2.0 they may take a big step toward delivering on the initial promises and leveraging it’s capability?

I get the bad taste with initial execution but at what point does a company redeem itself? According to the dev updates they clearly have their eye on delivering…
NDSP will never be a company that never screwed up, because they already screwed up. QC might be a great platform very soon. It might even be a great platform right now. All a matter of perspective.

Back