Why no "High End" Behringer Modeler ...... seriously ?

In reality, Behringer is actually doing quite well with their (own!) coding. Their X-series mixers are nice bargains, performance is pretty solid, FX sound decent, iOS/Android remote control is nicely done (I've seen way worse at least), peripheral connectivity is decent, too. These are the kind of things I'd expect in a modeler as well. And not many are delivering it.

I can see them putting out a NAM player with some effects which would sell OK if priced well.

I believe at this point, a true NAM player is still too niche-y for a cheap-thrills company like Behringer/TC to release one.

Well, they could just pre-load it with gazillions of nice sounding captures and kind of "hide" the fact that it's not real amp modeling but NAM based. Inquiring minds could then find out they can load captures themselves.
And in case the captures sounded as they should, I'd be tempted to buy such a unit.

It is surprising that they haven't done anything since the v-amp stuff (POD rip off?)

I've broken enough of those plastic pedals that I'd never trust one live... but then on the other side of the coin their live sound products are ubiquitous in the industry and seem pretty damn reliable :idk

It is surprising that they haven't done anything since the v-amp stuff (POD rip off?)

I've broken enough of those plastic pedals that I'd never trust one live... but then on the other side of the coin their live sound products are ubiquitous in the industry and seem pretty damn reliable :idk
I don’t think I’ve played a show in the last decade where there wasn’t at least one X/M series mixer in the house between FOH, monitors, or bands’ IEM rigs.

We should all be so lucky to have our worst possible moments filmed and publicized...

Very true! And I do have at least 1-2. Fortunately, there's just one person on earth owning all existing copies, which - *whoops* - happens to be me. I'll happily have them published once I'm not on this earth anymore.

Very true! And I do have at least 1-2. Fortunately, there's just one person on earth owning all existing copies, which - *whoops* - happens to be me. I'll happily have them published once I'm not on this earth anymore.
But you were ok with publishing that while he is still on this earth?

I'm glad that afaik none of my drunkest moments were captured on film. We all do dumb stuff in our lives. Most of it should be left private.

I wonder if the way people are stuck on 1990's behringer is the same reason they are stuck on 1950's guitars. Behringer isnt just the European Union court protected intellectual property thieves of the 1990's, they are the innovators of modern live sound and DSP paradigms. Their QC is actually not bad now either. I was always in terror that they were gonna get more into software and either I'd be assimilated or history

I wonder if the way people are stuck on 1990's behringer is the same reason they are stuck on 1950's guitars. Behringer isnt just the European Union court protected intellectual property thieves of the 1990's, they are the innovators of modern live sound and DSP paradigms. Their QC is actually not bad now either. I was always in terror that they were gonna get more into software and either I'd be assimilated or history
I don’t know, most of the shit talkers are, again, bedroom/bar down the street warriors and the rest are saying mean things while inching in front of their live rack to cover the X32r/breakout boxes.

Let's play Digital Igloo's Crazy Analogies!

"Cartels have stolen for decades. Well, I mean they still continue to steal, but now it's okay because the money they've stolen is funding a couple of legit businesses."

Not a bad analogy. I lived thru the hype of the terror of the mexican cartels affecting southern Arizona. The crazy truth was that they ended the actual day to day terror of MS13 that no police, no politician, no social engineer had any suggestions for dealing with and we thought we'd be constantly under the dominion of MS13 forever. A few bags of heads emptied to roll down the streets. released to social media and no news about MS13 anymore.

There were two really famous lawsuits that should have ended Behringer, but they were the EU's darling and were rubber stamped into total precedent setting immunity. That allowed them to continue and grow and eventually be big enough to buy everything up. When they did that, they did, like it or not, acquire a few people with some new vision to create new and useful paradigms.

Aside from a $15 plastic super fuzz pedal, I refuse to buy anything Behringer. I am not a fan of the brand, I don’t really care what they make, I will gladly pay more for a different brand. That super fuzz does sound great though.

Tricky to do when there's an M32 on nearly every rider :(

Hoping Allen and Heath and that line of companies steps up. Yamaha doesn't seem to penetrate much beyond the churches in many cases, not sure if that's their intent, but they were usually the innovators. I haven't seen anything from them that can compete with the behringer/Midas X/M series or the Allen and Heath Qu series price or convenience wise. I think the soundcraft one may be abandonware. I loved the Mackie DL32, but I am always sketched as to whether they will abandonware it as they so often do with their products.

The X series and Qu are the only things I can really think of digitally that have continued to survive and be updated as long as the Helix has (actually a bit longer even) except of course RME

But you were ok with publishing that while he is still on this earth?

It was his daughter and apparently it was part of a bigger plan. She had told him she'd do something like that beforehand. And guess what? This was the very thing it needed to make him reach for professional help. So there.

There will be nothing high-end about a behringer modeler. Very few companies understand the fundamentals of tube amps and how vacuum tubes behave in a circuit let alone how to model that behavior accurately. We can count them on one hand.
TC are one of the few companies with genuinely impressive DSP tech though. Their VSS line of reverbs are still basically the pinnacle of algorthmic room modelling. Behringer have the means to do basically anything, if they want to. Usually they choose to cut as many corners as they can, though.

Back