Why is spring reverb so hard to model?

Eh, that's more of a workaround that what I'm referring to.
just want to be sure we're talking about the same thing. In the editor you can for example save the configuration of a specific channel of a block (let's say delay).

2023-10-10_15-05-25.png

you can then take that configuration and drop it into any other preset. Are you referring to saving a configuration for multiple blocks at once including connections?

just want to be sure we're talking about the same thing. In the editor you can for example save the configuration of a specific channel of a block (let's say delay).

View attachment 11796

you can then take that configuration and drop it into any other preset. Are you referring to saving a configuration for multiple blocks at once including connections?
I’m talking about exporting a singular block, be it one channel or all, so that later without having to import that preset and then copy the block to another preset, you can just import a block.

The reverb in my Ensoniq DP4 sounds just as good if not better than the my tube works stereo spring reverb. The key is mixing the wet DP4 with the dry guitar in a mixer.

So stereo guitar coming into the mixer from Preamp (ADAMp2) > then using mixer sends for those 2 channels sending dry guitar to the DP4 reverb> then returned to it own stereo channel in the mixer.>out to power amp

That's mixed with the stereo dry Channel and >out to power amp.

into Stereo full range speakers.

I’m talking about exporting a singular block, be it one channel or all, so that later without having to import that preset and then copy the block to another preset, you can just import a block.
Isn't that exactly how the library feature works? Add block X to empty preset, load its settings from the saved library.

No, it isn't. There is no "export block" that I can send to a friend, back up to my computer, etc. It's all got to be done with presets.

Have you seen Leon Todd's Block Library?

Blocks can be saved and retrieved from a physical location on disk. Try one of Leon's. You don't have to load everything - you can choose to just try a single block.

Gotta love that guy!

Have you seen Leon Todd's Block Library?

Blocks can be saved and retrieved from a physical location on disk. Try one of Leon's. You don't have to load everything - you can choose to just try a single block.

Gotta love that guy!
Yeah I just found that, in the Mac version.

Some Tone master Dev said something about TMP not needing any tone tips or online know how's
Basically targeting Leon while politically be correct and not mentioning him

Some Tone master Dev said something about TMP not needing any tone tips or online know how's
Basically targeting Leon while politically be correct and not mentioning him
Eh I wouldn't read into it that much. Isn't that the whole thing of TMP, ease of use?

Im not sure but Fender may have sent Leon a unit to try? But I don't want to make stuff up lol

Last edited:
What is it about spring reverb? It seems like even the top tier devices out there really struggle to get it right.

The newer Helix one is good and TMP sounds great in videos… the rest… :poop:

I feel like there are a lot of players who think they don’t like spring reverb because all they’ve ever experienced is terrible digital spring reverb
The TMP spring reverb is great, especially the convolution versions but they do require a bit of extra processing power. They get the drip perfect though.

It looks like Cliff completely revamped the spring reverb in the latest beta firmware for the III. I can’t wait to try it this evening. Thank you @FractalAudio
Cliff is super predictable in this kind of things. If another product gets something half right or people criticize a specific aspect of the Axe hard enough he'll just disappear for a few weeks and dunk on them with some kind of quantum leap in realism. I just need to figure out how to piss him off enough about the synth block and granular / glitch delays and the axe is going to be PERFECT for me.

Back