Why is spring reverb so hard to model?

Edit: @FractalAudio I’m buying this with the expectation you’ll eventually outdo the Tone Master Pro’s convolution spring reverb ;)

It looks like Cliff completely revamped the spring reverb in the latest beta firmware for the III. I can’t wait to try it this evening. Thank you @FractalAudio

Now that’s service!!!!! :rofl

Yes he was probably already doing it but I’m going to pretend otherwise ;)

While I guess it’s possible that Cliff overhauled the spring reverb in a couple of weeks based in part on this thread, I would expect it takes quite a bit more time than that. I don’t really know obviously, but I suspect he’s had a version of this in the works for a while. Look forward to hearing it.

D

Auditioning all new spring reverb types, default settings, before the amp.
Sorry for cross-posting.

Schermafbeelding 2023-10-21 om 09.50.36.png

While I guess it’s possible that Cliff overhauled the spring reverb in a couple of weeks based in part on this thread, I would expect it takes quite a bit more time than that. I don’t really know obviously, but I suspect he’s had a version of this in the works for a while. Look forward to hearing it.

D
Cliff be like...

He's got next gen algos sitting in his pocket ready and waiting just to piss on someone else's fireworks! ;)

D
All I can say is the list of features or bugs that got a lot of attention on the forums that have been very quickly addressed is pretty long. Either way, it's a major reason why I use their gear.

All I can say is the list of features or bugs that got a lot of attention on the forums that have been very quickly addressed is pretty long. Either way, it's a major reason why I use their gear.
He said on the fractal forum it’s something he’s been working on for a long time. He picked it back up recently (probably had something to do with this thread) and had a breakthrough that allowed him to finish it.

D

Back